Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Is it possible for me to build biceps using a 10 pound dumbell?

bruce9241

Banned
Heres the thing. I can't do biceps or any type of isolation movement at the gym. It bores me to tears and usually when I'm done doing my primary lifts I'm dead tired and it's time to leave.

I have a 10 pound dumbell in my room. Can I expect size gain for my biceps if I were to do high repetitions with this thing? I'm not looking ot get my biceps strong or anything, I'm just looking for more size since they're lacking when compared to my back and legs.

Yeah if you beat really hard on your bis with the dumbell they might get swole for a couple of days...

rows, chins, squats are all good for building squats. go heavy and full rom. with the lazy aproach i bet the real issue here isnt lack of direct bi work. im guessing the diet probably isnt good.

Yea my diet isn't too good right now. Still cutting weight. Down about thirty pounds so far. I've been doing tons of rows lately with barbells and even iso row machines.

Sad thing is, I get a pretty good pump going with just a 10 pounder. That's how weak/small my biceps are right now.

Yea my diet isn't too good right now. Still cutting weight. Down about thirty pounds so far. I've been doing tons of rows lately with barbells and even iso row machines.

Sad thing is, I get a pretty good pump going with just a 10 pounder. That's how weak/small my biceps are right now.

look, the bottom line is if you want to make your bi's bigger, and training them indirectly ie with rows and the "building the body as a whole" idea isnt working then you have to put some extra arm work in. As i said curl grip chins hit the bi's hard but if your overweight you may find them easy.

I hate training abs but its gotta be done. Same with your bi's. Just suck it up and do some heavy intense standing barbell curls for starters, if you never trained bi's before then it should make a differance if your diet is on track

Also, big tri's = big arms. Hit the tri's hard. PWR is a member on here and says he barely works his biceps, when/if he does its just a few sets of hammer strength preacher curls after back day. Although he says he makes sure to never miss a tri workout after his shoulders. He has 19 inch arms.

my biceps grew bigger when i stopped concentrating on them as much. compound lifts that allow you to use very heavy weights like barbell rows, db rows, lat pulldowns, and deadlifts made my biceps grow. i got 17s right now at 5'6 186 pounds. i think about exercises like this: isolation movements for carving and adding details/striations, compound lifts for building mass and the bulk of the muscle

Yeah but if you do 100 reps with it you are going to get a pretty damn good endurance workout. BTW, what's with the whole "owned by the platinum members" background on bruce's posts?

Top Bottom