Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Possible to gain mass without HEAVY compound lifts

R

revexrevex

For a natural lifter, do you think it is possible to gain mass without deadlifts, squats, and heavy presses?

Everyday I see hundreds of people working hard on curls, tricep exercises, pulldowns, and benchpress.

Occasionaly there are people who do deadlifts and squats, however they never go beyond 135 lbs.

Most of the big guys involved in this type of training are heavily *ON*.

Does anyone personally know of anyone who gained decent mass off of machines, isolation exercises and cables? Just looking for opinions.

where did you get this idea? those of us who are drug free need every little extra advantage we can get. the means hard and heavy compound lifts, no fufu exercises.

ok, no i dont know anyone who has gained mass off isolation exercises or cables or standard machines. there is this guy at one gym i know of, that comes in and does nothing but isolation movements, he is jackass, very annoying, id like to throw him through the front window. he has a wheezy voice and makes me want to kill myself whenever he talks to me, he has no idea how to train, has not made ANY gains in the 8 months hes been around that gym, if he would take the time, there are alot of knowledgeable people at the gym to help him, but hes never approached any of us, and to top it off we nicknamed him "booger" guess why we call him that. :mad: DO NOT BE THE NEXT "Booger" also dont think i dont like him becuase hes weak, or ignorant, thats not his fualt, hes unaware. i give him props becuase he sticks with it, and that takes guts. i can deal with weak, i can make you stronger, thats the easy part, the hard part is not being such a damn turd.

Last edited:
revexrevex said:
For a natural lifter, do you think it is possible to gain mass without deadlifts, squats, and heavy presses?

Everyday I see hundreds of people working hard on curls, tricep exercises, pulldowns, and benchpress.

Occasionaly there are people who do deadlifts and squats, however they never go beyond 135 lbs.

Most of the big guys involved in this type of training are heavily *ON*.

Does anyone personally know of anyone who gained decent mass off of machines, isolation exercises and cables? Just looking for opinions.

I have seen some really big guys in the gym (260 and above with under 10%bf) doing most of their routine with light weight and very controlled movements. One guy I talked to swears by this method, but he built the base with power lifts. I really doubt you can gain major size using isolation lifts all the time. Compound movements are the way to go. Although, some isolation work is necessary to bring out the detail in the mid-back, rear delts etc...

Some exercises you have to move the weight (big compound). Some you have to feel the muscle and squeeze and stretch (isolation). I think you need both for a well rounded physique.

I really don't know anyone who can gain from iso only, there are a few peole that can gain from just doing bench and curls, yet I would not consider them strong or muscled, they have no back or legs or shoulders. I see hundreds of people each day file into the same gym to only lift the same weight with bad form and never gain a pound...

And then the kicker is low and behold you are improving and they accuse you of using gear cause you gained weight and lift heavy. Just realize that peole don't have will when it come to hard work and determination

I went to the gym last night and noticed a phenomenon that might be of interest here....

All the little dudes (not one was over 180, and that is stretching it) were dorking around with the cables, machines, curling etc, OR squatting on a SMITH....

The three guys over 220lbs were doing squats (me) and heavy deads (the two other guys)

Those two other dudes started lifting heavy (deads squats) after I turned them on to the elitefts/westside info abot 3-4 months ago and each has seperately gained more than any 3-4 people in the gym COMBINED during that time funny that it is not even a BB routine, just the fact they are doing heavy compounds, cut out all the stupid iso movements and are pushing themselves....

Do the math...

Top Bottom