Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Pls critique routine

S O B

Was'up

I'm starting a bulking cycle and would like some advise on my training regime.

No warmup sets included

Day 1
Squats 1x20
Incline press 2x5
Dips 2x5
Narrow grip press 2x5
Shoulder press 2x5

Day 2
D-Lifts 1x20
Pull ups 30 reps super set
Behind neck press 2x5
Clean and press

That's it any would be appreciated.

SOB

If you can only do two workouts per week try this routine. It is the only 2 dayer I have found works well and I have tried a lot in the past.
Day1
Legs, Back and Bi
Day2
rest
Day3
rest
Day4
Chest, Shoulders and Triceps
Day5,6&7
rest

One bad think about your routine is you do shoulders twice a day after each other (shoulder press and behind the neck press)

Thanks Strenght Monster

I made a mistake I should of said I train on a Monday and Friday (Day1;Day5)sorry about that.

Thanks for your advice. I did day 1 yesterday and I was really fried after the squats I barely had enough energy for the other exercises do you think I should move squats to the last movement of the night on day 1?

Thanks again

Personally I'd get them out of the way. The quads are the biggest muscle in your body and consequently use up the most energy. If you left them until last you would have little to put into them. If you are working for mass squats should be one of your main mass building excercises so it important to put the effort in on them.

I'd try and get another day in the gym if you can and use it for legs on their own. It is damned hard to do everything in two days and not suffer losses in energy during your workout. The only other thing you can do is pick up your pace. Do not stop to talk to anyone in the gym and keep time in between sets minimal. The longer you spend in the gym the longer your body has to build up lactic acid which will make you feel like you've run out of steam. Aim to get through the workout within an hour. That way your workout will be completed before your energy levels start to drop.

It's just my opinion, but if you're looking for uniform development between your upper and lower body, I'd use a upper/lower split. As is, you're only giving your lower body about 1/4th of the work as your upper. Do all lower body lifts on one day and upper on another.

ex.
Day 1
Squat
DL
Lunge
Abs/Calves

Day 2
Bench
Row
Shoulder Press
Pulldown
Abs/Arms

But that's just my advice for a two-day split.

------------------
My $.02

You haven't included variables such as rep tempo, rest period, %1RM, when you are going to failure, days between training, etc....the list goes on.
Just be more specific.

I assume SOB means what I think it does.

Why not try a total body routine? You'd perform it twice a week, making sure you progressed each workout.

(all for one set performed to failure)

Squats
Bench
Dead
Row <----The type of row is your call
OH press <-----Again your call BB or DB
Curl <----------Your call

Then go home rest, eat and sleep.

Perform the workouts 2-3 days between each other e.g. Monday and thursday or Tuesday and friday etc...

Top Bottom