Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Please, your advice Punch, someone ..

Luciano_

After reading what punch post (thanks for sharing)
http://www.elitefitness.com/forum/showthread.php?t=319363&highlight=zane
I was quite impressed and I thought I could give a try … Now I think it’s a kicking ass routine and I’ll stick to it.
Now I have a couple of questions, though, you guys could help me with.

1) I try to keep adding weights every day, but there’s a big ~10 lbs gap between dbs in my gym. So, when jumping to the next one, it’s ok if I perform 3x6 rep, next time 3x8, next 3x10 and then I jump again? I don’t have much of a choice here.

2) Doing more reps (always between 5-10) stresses your muscle like adding weights?

What would you guys recommend?

Thanks !

Do your gym has ankle/wrist weights? I use 1kg small strapable weights on my wrists to increase the weight in dumbl exercises.

Plus, adding a little weight is easier than adding reps depending on the amount of weight you are moving; in a very simplified model:
200lbsx10 reps = 2000
200lbsx11 reps = 2200
but
205lbsx10 reps= 2050

I get the point. Thanks frango.

No, my gym has about 35 all-fashion-brand-new cardio machines and about 10 pairs of dbs. weighting above 6kg in a corner. You have like a fancy key to log on the system and be told what you have to do and keep track of your exercises, fu#* the key, I use paper and a pencil.
They don't have lots of things I actually need, some of them very basic, like a triceps static dip, damn.
But there's actually 1 pair of dbs nobody uses, you can fix the weight with plates. The lightest plate is 2.5 kg, but I can put some stoppers, the should weight about 250gr each and I have 10 !! friking amazing, isn't it?
I will spend most of my time there screwing those stoppers, but if it is good for me, I’ll go for it …

Sorry for the delay getting back to you.... If possible, they make something called a plate mate. These are essentially magnets that come in 2.5 - 5lb increments. They are easy to use and worth the purchase. Also. The workout I discussed in my thread was predominately based on a 10 rep scheme. There is nothing wrong with going up in 5 lb steps ( 2.5 lbs per side ). Remember, its not a race. 5lb increases each month over a year equates to a 60lb increase in weight. I'll take that and run with it. Peace.

Thanks punch and don't worry about the delay !
I have managed to be able to add from 1 to 5 lbs in each exercise, db, cable, etc. So I'll stick to the 10 rep routine, maybe 8 because I am doing like 15 sets for each muscle group. I feel great with this routine.

Thanks for sharing !!

And abusing of your generosity ……… Could you please take a look to this thread?
http://www.elitefitness.com/forum/showthread.php?t=322054
A brief explanation about how to BB and PL bench would be great there !!

Top Bottom