Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

please help out on my technique on cleans

as with most stuff for bodybuilding, I have learned most everything through this website. I have a question on cleans. I started incorporating these into my workouts just to have a compound on arm day. at first, I was doing these with theb ar off the ground, just below knee level. turned out I was doing them wrong, so I finally started doing them with the weight on the floor. my question is, when the weight is finally brought up to around shoulder level and elbows are out, should you bend at the knees as in a half or full front squat or just a little? I have seen so many styles on the internet and I am just confused on how to to properly perform these. :confused:

That thread is all you need about cleans if your wondering why no one else has answered.

ARIOCH I know you have the snatch up there as well as cleans. IF you have time how bout one of hang cleans???? For some reason I like these better than cleans now and hang snatch's better than off the ground I feel I get a better beating on the upper body than doing it off the ground. This is only if you can. And i think it'll help the peoples champ to do some hang cleans instead of just power cleans for right now.

the peoples champ about the form how you end up really depends on the person I know there's a way that it's said you should do it. BUT I performed these for HS recently and my friends had ALL different forms but they all did them correct and got their lifts in meets. Some jumped and looked like frogs snapping their feet back to get more of an explosion some barely did a high pull but had quick arms and snapped their elbows through and some just dropped so quick to a front squat they barely had to high pull the weight. So really it depends after the clean if I'm just cleaning my feet will be BARELY the slightest bent BUT if i have to perform the JERK too then I bend them like doing a front squat to get more of A LEG explosion. Hope that helped out some

ARIOCH I know you have the snatch up there as well as cleans. IF you have time how bout one of hang cleans???? For some reason I like these better than cleans now and hang snatch's better than off the ground I feel I get a better beating on the upper body than doing it off the ground. This is only if you can. And i think it'll help the peoples champ to do some hang cleans instead of just power cleans for right now.

I agree. This is why I normally teach the power clean from the hang as the introdution to the clean.

But really, it does not need its own sticky. Just start from just before the fourth phase, and go from there. After this is learned somehwhat, keep adding phases until you are pulling from the deck. Otherwise, the technique is identical. If it is not, something is wrong.

That's good that you teach it that way I wish my HS powerlifting coach woulda tought me hang first and then the power clean. B/c I would've tooken it as a Dynamic deadlift then hang clean which it's basically what it is.

About the sticky thing I just went over it and I see how one is not neccessary(sp???)((this is pathetic that i'm graduated and stil can't spell some words:D )).

Don't worry, no one really expects much out of a lawyer.

And yes, I posted that knowing that there are quite a few of them on this board, hoping that all the one's who are bigger than I am will have a sense of humor.

:)

good thread with the pics. the first few times I did cleans was with the starting point just below the knees. I believe I had good form then. was able to land the weight into a front squat. now the last set I did, I started from the floor. I had trouble landing the weight in to a front squat. I would just put the weight up there and adjust and TRY to make it in to the front squat. should I keep doing it from a hanging position untilI am comfortable with it, and then move lower until the weight is on the ground? remember, this exercise is still new to me...

thanks for the replies so far

:fro:

ARIOCH so you stil remembered about me wanting to be a lawyer and yes I stil do. BUT hey that's what a paralegal is for so I don't have to worry about spelling. And spell check on microsoft word is great.

BUT hey that's what a paralegal is for so I don't have to worry about spelling. And spell check on microsoft word is great.

Until, of course, you actually have to write someone by hand. It is amazing how quickly your formerly literate self can stumble copying the text from "See Spot Run."

Top Bottom