Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Please Help

Pizzle27

I am right handed. However, every muscle on my left side is bigger and more defined than the right side. Im talking about every muscle! from calf to trap and even the left side of my abdominals. Since I have noticed this I do more weight and reps with my right side (on exercises that this can be done) The strength of both sides is the same if not stronger on my right side but the size difference is killing me! Any suggestions or ideas? nothing I do seems to help this. Im almost ready to go see a Dr.

I would just start doing more with your weaker arm and isolating it more. If you are doing dumbells, do more reps or more weight with the weaker arm. Only thing I can think of, if you keep doing what you are doing then you will always have an imbalance.

Are you nitpicking or do others actually notice this when they see you too? I think you should just worry about getting bigger and stronger with no strength imbalances.

If you're set on fixing it, then IMO, I would say...
Less weight, more reps on the smaller, stronger side.
Heavier weight, less reps on the weaker, bigger side.

it is normal for one side of your body to be different then the other.

there is NO WAY your right bicep is gonna be the exact same size as your left.. or your right trap the same as your left.. etc etc. in bodybuilding they aim to accomplish this, but 99% of us will never compete so really why does it matter?

why would you go to a doctor?/ what is he gonna say to you?

i remember when I did theater in high school and we would change into our clothes this one skinny dweeb would always mention how my left trap was bigger than my right and he would make a curl motion (guess he thought curls worked out the traps? lol). I wouldn't say anything as ignorance at the time did not bother me. however i should of told him that its normal for one muscle to be bigger than the other as we are not robots so both sides are never gonna be the same size. the only reason it was noticeable was because i was built and he didn't have a spec of muscle on him

SL i have a question on this as well. and a point also. the body grows relatively proportionally. unless one arm is in a cast or something for an extended duration they will both grow. but would it be better to switch to a bb routine than to offset your workout to one side with dbs?

Top Bottom