Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Please Critique My Routine

millser4

Monday- Chest

Incline 1X10 Warm-up 4X5
DB Flat Bench 1X10 warm-up 5X5
Incline DB Flies 3X8
Fly Machine 3X8
Cable Flys up and down 2X10 each position

Tuesday-Back

Shrugs 1X10 Warm-up 2X8 1X6 1X4
Bent over rows 3X8
One arm DB rows 3X12
Pull ups 3Xfailure
Lat Pull downs 4X6
Rotary Lat pull down 2x8

Wednesday- Legs

Squat 1X10 10/8/6/4
Deadlift 1X8 2X6 1X4
Leg Press 4X6
Leg Curl 3X8
Leg Extension 3X8
Calf Extension 3x failure

Thursday- Shoulders

DB Military Press 1x10 warm-up 4X5
Arnold Press 3X8
Hang Clean to Push Press 4X5
Lat Raises 3X8
Front Raise 3X8
Upright rows 3X6

Friday- Arms

Tricep Push-Downs 1x8 3X6
Weighted Dips 3X5
Preacher Curl 3X8
Hammer Curls 3X8
Seated DB Curls 2x6
Tricep Extension- 3X8
Skull Crushers 3X6
DB Kickbacks 3X10
Barbell Curl 2X8 superset

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I know you bros know what you're doing.

Monday- Chest/Tris

Incline 1X10 Warm-up 4X5
DB Flat Bench 1X10 warm-up 5X5
Incline DB Flies 3X10
Fly Machine 3X8 Not really needed imo, you have plenty of sets already and a fly motion
Cable Flys up and down 2X10 each position Same with these, not needed.
Cable Rope Pulldowns - 4x10
Could also add dips in here if you want.
Feel free to replace the exercise.
Working sets for chest = 12. Room to add dips maybe?

Tuesday-Back/Bis

Shrugs 1X10 Warm-up 2X8 1X6 1X4 These are a shoulder workout. You can leave them, I'm just saying.
Bent over rows 4X8 --- Pick one of these and do 3-4x8-10
One arm DB rows 3X12 ---/
Pull ups 5Xfailure I wish I knew your goals. Can you do weighted pull ups? How many body weight pull ups can you do? If you're focusing on strength, I'd start doing 5 sets of pull ups at 5 reps and every w/o add 5lbs. For size start doing pull ups 5x8-10 with however much weight you want.
Lat Pull downs 4X6 Take these out, pull ups are really all ya need for now.
Rotary Lat pull down 2x8 These aren't really needed either.
Barbell Curl - 4x10
Again, feel free to replace the exercise.
Working sets for back (including deadlift) = 13
The deadlift should be moved to this day. This should be the focus of your back workout. You need to do them at the beginning of the workout. Start by doing 4x5, or whatever you'd like. Just my recommendation. Push yourself on these, they are arguably the most important lift in your arsenal.

Wednesday- Legs

Squat 1X10 10/8/6/4
Deadlift 1X8 2X6 1X4 These should be moved to back day. Squats and deadlift are two of the most taxing exercises on the body, there's no way you could do both of them all out on the same day.
Leg Press 4X6
Leg Curl 3X8
Leg Extension 3X8
Calf Extension 3x failure
Working sets for legs = 17
Thursday- Shoulders

DB Military Press 1x10 warm-up 4X5
Arnold Press 3X8 I don't believe both these and db military press are needed.
Hang Clean to Push Press 4X5 I would just do powercleans or hangcleans. But that's just my opinion. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.
Lat Raises 3X8 -----Pick one of these and do them, no need for both
Front Raise 3X8 --/
Upright rows 3X6 I would advise putting your shrugs here instead.
Working sets for shoulders = 14
Friday- Arms
You do not need a day dedicated just to arms. Especially this much volume, holy crap. NO one can grow there arms working them out like that. I would advise you scratch this entire day, and add in a few sets of arms with your other days. Then workout Mon/Tues/Thur/Fri. I will show you where I would add in the arms in blue. Also, I went ahead and added up the total number of sets for each bodypart for you. Generally if you're only working them out once a week, you want to keep the volume <15 sets per body part. Just keep this in mind. Everyone's different though, some people can get away with 20+ some people can only do 10.

Tricep Push-Downs 1x8 3X6
Weighted Dips 3X5
Preacher Curl 3X8
Hammer Curls 3X8
Seated DB Curls 2x6
Tricep Extension- 3X8
Skull Crushers 3X6
DB Kickbacks 3X10
Barbell Curl 2X8 superset

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I know you bros know what you're doing.

I gave you every bit of criticism I had lol. I hope this helps and if you have questions just ask. This is without knowing your stats or experience or anything though. I'm assuming you're new? What are your stats and goals? I hope this helps bro! Good luck.

I appreciate the criticism and the time you took to do this for me. I will switch up my workout according to the changes that you have made. I'm 22 years old. Been lifting hard for about 4 years now. I'm 5'10'' 190 11% bf I would like to get my body fat into the single digits and weigh in around 205.

just take all my opinions with a grain of salt. there are plenty of people who would agree with me but also plenty who would disagree on some things. just find things out for yourself through experience, it's really all you can do. good luck bro :)

Top Bottom