Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Please critique cardio routine

sk*

I am gonna be jogging for 20mins in the mornings at an empty stomach and doing 5-7sets of windsprints at nights before bed.

Thinking of cutting up a little bit, what do you guys think?

-sk

Don't take this as a slam.

The only true way to know if 20 mins will help or not is to know what your heart rate will be during and after. If it's not raised enough during and for long enough after, you will accomplish nothing.

If I hit the stair master for example, my heart rate does not move much at all until I get to around the 28 min. mark, then it climbs quickly. I never get into the stated colories that you're supposed to burn....on the dam computers. But the heart rate is the key.

BPP

BigPapaPump said:
Don't take this as a slam.

The only true way to know if 20 mins will help or not is to know what your heart rate will be during and after. If it's not raised enough during and for long enough after, you will accomplish nothing.

If I hit the stair master for example, my heart rate does not move much at all until I get to around the 28 min. mark, then it climbs quickly. I never get into the stated colories that you're supposed to burn....on the dam computers. But the heart rate is the key.

BPP

I was never really into the whole cardio thing, so could explain to me how I can find out my target heart rate and how to know if I am hitting it?

Thanks. :)

-sk

Your target heart rate is depending on your age and the intesity you are looking for.

You can do it yourself by figuring out your max heart rate on your own, but that requires you to really exert yourself. I would warm up with about half a mile of jogging. Then do 5 x 100m with 30 seconds rest in between.. after each one check your pulse, you should keep going up and up. Then do one final 200m ALL OUT.. literally go until your legs are numb and can't move.. if you can't finish the whole 200m fine, but check your pulse right away.. it should feel like your heart is beating out of your chest. That is your max heart rate.

Now when you do your cardio.. you need to get your heartrate up to about 80% of that MAX heart rate.

Also I would do 30 mins, not 20. It takes about 20 mins to burn off all the sugar out of your blood stream and start tapping into your fat stores.

The sprints at night wont burn fat, but could help speed up your metabolism which would in turn burn fat. BUT it may make it hard for you to fall asleep at night.

Brian

Reactions: sk*
Lestat said:
Your target heart rate is depending on your age and the intesity you are looking for.

You can do it yourself by figuring out your max heart rate on your own, but that requires you to really exert yourself. I would warm up with about half a mile of jogging. Then do 5 x 100m with 30 seconds rest in between.. after each one check your pulse, you should keep going up and up. Then do one final 200m ALL OUT.. literally go until your legs are numb and can't move.. if you can't finish the whole 200m fine, but check your pulse right away.. it should feel like your heart is beating out of your chest. That is your max heart rate.

Now when you do your cardio.. you need to get your heartrate up to about 80% of that MAX heart rate.

Also I would do 30 mins, not 20. It takes about 20 mins to burn off all the sugar out of your blood stream and start tapping into your fat stores.

The sprints at night wont burn fat, but could help speed up your metabolism which would in turn burn fat. BUT it may make it hard for you to fall asleep at night.

Brian

Thanks. :)

-sk

Because unless you are fasted and on a low/zero carb diet, your blood and muscles as plenty of sugar/glycogen in them to fuel those sprints.

BUT doing them will rev up your metabolism which can have some positive fat burning effects assuming you don't eat afterwards.

Top Bottom