Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Please critic my program and help arms get thicker

SirDingo

I have been doing the 5x5 the whole Summer now, and my chest and shoulder do see a little improvement by getting bigger, and the side view of my arms have for sure gotten wider, but looking straight forward in the mirror and the arms still look thin, not bulging or thick as I would have thought they should be by now.

Please critic my program and help me work out smarter, I work out 3-4 days per week = every other day, and each session last 45-60minutes. Please tell me what to add or change to help me grow my arms. The chest and shoulders are growing the way they should I think with my routine ?

PUSH day = my favorite sets, I really like doing bench and military feels good after working them hard

- Bench press = 5x5
- Military Press = 5x5
- Dumbbell Incline Press = 3x8
- Weighted Dips = 3x8
- Squats = 5x5

PULL day = my least favorite I really do not like allot of these exercises but they say they really help me grow ??

- DeadLift = 5x5
- Bent Row Barbell = 5x5
- Chin Ups with weight belt = 3x8
- Barbell Curls = 5x5
- Dumbbell hammer curls = 3x8

How does this routine or program look, it was recommended to me by a friend who has been doing BB for a while, and said compound lifts will grow me the most, and even said I shouldn't need curls period that the compound exercises should wear me out and build me up.

Open to suggestions to change anything, or are the 5x5's in the right group, and 3x8's ok or should stuff be altered ?

Thanks

Oh yeah I started the program three months ago I am 5'10 175lbs was 165lbs when started. Also my 5x5 lifts have gone up almost every week, mainly the Bench and Military I have increased 5lbs a week, curls have me stuck at 40lbs each arm only can't get past that, and Deadlift is a b!tch, that baby kicks my ass

beerdrinker said:
How thick and bulging do you think your arms can possibly be at that weight?

It is hard work to just pack on the solid 10lbs I did this Summer. I am one of those high meto guys where I can eat like a horse but two hours later my nuclear furnace in my stomach gets rid of it. I have a really hard time keeping the weight on, it just sheds off me so easy if I am not eating all the time.

when will people ever learn that it doesn't matter what you do for exercises, its your diet that causes you to bulk up....

SirDingo said:
It is hard work to just pack on the solid 10lbs I did this Summer. I am one of those high meto guys where I can eat like a horse but two hours later my nuclear furnace in my stomach gets rid of it. I have a really hard time keeping the weight on, it just sheds off me so easy if I am not eating all the time.

Wow, I feel soooo sorry for you! Not like every damn ecto on here (myself included) doesn't have to force-feed themselves to get enough calories down. You do realize you won't look like daniel craig anytime soon right?

Hell, Sculelos managed to put on 22lbs in 3 1/2 months. Stop fugging with your workout, you've asked this question every month, get off the computer and force yourself to eat MORE.

A. You aren't doing the true 5x5. No way your giving yourself enough rest going every other day. Shit I have to wait two days after my deadlift day just to have enough to do the last medium day.

B. You're STILL Not doing a good 5x5. Push/pull isn't what a 5x5 strenght program. You should be doing a squat, and pull from the floor, and a press every workout. Thats it.

C. You've only been doing it for the summer. What three months? Bro, honestly it takes a shit load longer to get up to any amount of size and strength. Shit I've been doing this a year and I'm still nowhere near where I want to be. And your arms will only grow proportional to everything else.

D. Fuck arms. What is the big deal. Eat right, get strong. That's all that counts. Everything else will fall into place.

You may not be doing Madcow's 5x5 but it looks like what you are doing is working to a point. There is nothing shabby about 10lbs in 3 months in what is really an intermediate program. Sculelos is a beginner so he was working from a bigger deficit so don't comapre yourself to him. 10 lbs in 3 mths is 40lbs a year. Not bad.

Your arms will grow as you put on weight overall. They say 1" per 10# of body weight. I have no idea if that's right or not but the point is, build the body and the arms will follow.

For a change you can try splitting it up differently. Do push and pull in the same workout and repeat twice as often, lower volume of course. That way your hitting everything twice as often. Leave the arms to the end if you have the energy. Try that for 1 month and switch back to what you're doing now. The shock may generate faster growth.

Stu

3 months aint shit. I know I am sounding like a dick right now but bodybuilding is a marathon not a sprint thats why we feel so good about what we do. Because it is a fact that not many ppl have what it takes and at first you cant tell between the ppl that lift and fuck around between the hardcore guys but after a few years when the hardcore guys are monsters and the fuck around club boys are still the same weight with little to no improvement or gained more chub than anything else. Then you can tell the difference like night and day.

Ppl come around saying wtf I am not seeing results or this and that and ive been training awhile and ive been busting my ass for months. Ive been training 5years...and im only 21 and ive fallen off the map a few times but thats all a part of bbing and growing up and discovering yourself and finding out what and who you truly are. I now know i am a bodybuilder. I dont compete yet but compare 3 months to 5 years and im still not where I want to be...Shit 5 years isnt really even considered that long in this sport man. Just keep your head up and use discouragement to your advantage.

Get in that fuckin gym and say you refuse to keep pushing the same amount of weight push more so you can rip the muscle fibers..when you are eating and you think u cant finish that meal for some reason man up and EAT IT. You gotta want this in every way possible that could be imagined. A lot of ppl forget that. bbing does not end in the gym you go home and eat and get rest and yes you can have fun too but you need to incorporate it all and make it work.

Top Bottom