Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

PLEASE answer

EMAN

Can someone explain what a power clean/jerk is? I posted on Powerlifting board but nobody answers. Thank you very much

It may be a little difficult to explain but Ill give it a shot.

You have a barbell in front of you on the floor. Get into position to pick it up, remembering to LIFT WITH YOUR LEGS. Once you pick it up off the ground, raise it quickly towards your belly. Once it reaches belly-button height, rotate your palms so that they are now facing towards the ceiling and push the weight up towards your neck. Once it gets to your neck, place the weight back on the ground.

I know this may seem kind of confusing, but thats the best I could do. Best idea would be to ask somebody in the gym to show you how. Dont worry about looking stupid becausr you wont...its better to know how to do something right dont you think? Good luck dude.

Thanks Almighty. I know what you're talking about. So I don't raise it over my head like a press, just to neck level then back down. Gotcha. Thanks again. What muscles is it supposed to work?

Most use it as a delt/trap exercise.

------------------
Backstage, '75 Olympia:

Serge Nubret, "I look like I can take you."

Arnold, "Keep looking."

Top Bottom