Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

plateau how do i get over it?

ajaygill

I have defientley hit my first plateau. I'm am lost on how to get over it. No gains= No fun in my view. I eat right but just not getting the results. I need to completley change my routine. I currentley do a chest/tries back/bies shoulders/traps legs, split. Anyhelp anyone?

Rep ranges please. You lifting heavy?

I never plateau because I always switch it up.

Do more sets, but drop the weight down on the last sets after you do your heavy sets and do super high reps.

Your muscles need a different stimulation if you want them to respond. Doing the same excercise at the same weight will neve get you anywhere. Use dumbbells instead of barbells or vice versa. More sets with more reps, or low sets with heavy heavy weight and get a spotter.

Your body needs something different.

mix it up.

Change the rep range, change time between sets, change exercises, concentrate more on form than weight, eat more

sorry i should i included that my bad well for stats

I'm 16y/o 145-150 pounds, been working out for 5-6 months.
My diet his not bang on, but it is pretty much clean except for my lunch meal(I eat this one at school).
My diet lets me get in about G's of protein a day.

for the training I'll give you the chest/tries just to start off. I've recently stooped doing barbell bench because i read thats better for power, and not for shape, which i rather have. :

Chest/tries:

Incline dumbbell bench 4sets
8-12reps hitting my 8rep max on the 3rd set

Flat dumbbell bench 4sets

flat dumbbell flys 3-4sets
8-12 reps

Incline cable flyes 3-4 sets
8-12 reps.

Dips 3sets

Tries:

Overhead tricep extention 3-4sets

Hand facing down tricep pulldown 4sets

Skull crushers 3sets

one or two more exersises i forgot the names of:faint:

Damn thats a lot of exercises for one day.

How about

4 sets of 8-12 flat dumb bell bench
4 sets of 8-12 incline barbell bench
3-4 sets of weighted dips 8-12 reps
3-4 sets of flat or incline dumb bell flyes 8-12 reps

Fuck chest and tris in the same workout IMO.

Yeah change your split will help, I read once that putting things like clap pushups into your workout if you have previously been doing alot of benching can help, your choice though.

LOL to all of that, I only do 2 exercises for chest and mostly two per bodypart, back it's the exception with 3 or four moves.

And I've doing it for many years... If I recall it you've been given a lot of advices here on another threads you started and aparently you are not following them.

Seriously take two weeks off to freshen up, reevaluate, gather all the knowledge and advices you got from everybody here we actually knows something about this and come out with plan, then make a journal here.

We can't help, if you can't help yourself. Serious lack of patience is your main problem, you think too much about it so much that you block yourself and constantly overtrain.

Forget about how the new guys can lift more weight or are bigger than you (bad vibrations). It's all about you bro!

sorry i should i included that my bad well for stats

I'm 16y/o 145-150 pounds, been working out for 5-6 months.
My diet his not bang on, but it is pretty much clean except for my lunch meal(I eat this one at school).
My diet lets me get in about G's of protein a day.

for the training I'll give you the chest/tries just to start off. I've recently stooped doing barbell bench because i read thats better for power, and not for shape, which i rather have. :

Chest/tries:

Incline dumbbell bench 4sets

Flat dumbbell bench 4sets

flat dumbbell flys 3-4sets
8-12 reps

Incline cable flyes 3-4 sets
8-12 reps.

Dips 3sets

Tries:

Overhead tricep extention 3-4sets

Hand facing down tricep pulldown 4sets

Skull crushers 3sets

one or two more exersises i forgot the names of:faint:

Are you serious? Or do you just not know any better?

You are at a plateau because your routine sucks!!! If you really want to set yourself up good for a few years down the road (we are thinking long term here) you will consider doing a 3x5 or 5x5 type routine using the big basics to develop a BASE. You need to spend the time learning how to properly Squat, deadlift, row, chin, dip, overhead press and bench press and build the foundation in which to improve upon dwon the road. This is money and progessivly increasing weights and volume in these lifts will pay off big time. You should be training the LIFTS instead of the muscles at this point in your development. The Jay Cutler split is not going to do that for you. I don't care what the muscle mags tell you.

Start Here....

Madcow's 5x5 and Training Theory and Information Site

Shock your body. Play around with your weightlifting program. Change it around. Find out what works for you.

Make sure you're getting enough rest. Sleep. Take 2-3 days off of gym. Get your diet in check.

Top Bottom