Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

PL Squat - vid - 390kg squat/859lbs Squat..But what is that ...

I think I found my answer:

"The monolift rack is very safe, sturdy, and easy to use. It is hydraulically operated so that when the weight is removed by the lifter, the rack hooks move forward and out of the way so that the squat can be executed without the lifter ever having to walk out from the rack. When the squat has been completed, a spotter lowers the hooks back into place, and the bar is returned to the rack safely and easily."

Sounds pretty sweet... no need to step back, especially with the big boy weights.

Yes, monolift would be my first guess also. It's similar in principle to a hand off for bench- you don't have to hoist the bar onto your shoulders and walk the weight out. This saves your strength for your max lift and it's also useful as an everyday convenience when training with heavy weights, esp. when you don't have several spotters.

Dial Tone built one of those himself, didn't he?
Did the whole thing from scratch. Welding and everything.
I'll see if I can find the thread.

Bonkme2 said:
Dial Tone built one of those himself, didn't he?
Did the whole thing from scratch. Welding and everything.
I'll see if I can find the thread.
I remember seeing one of the Clown Avatar guys posting one I think... can't think of his handle.... OH... Devestation?

http://www.elitefitness.com/forum/showthread.php?t=465655

... too bad the pics don't show up any more, that was damn cool lookin' even though I had no idea what it was at the time, lol.

Top Bottom