Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

pinned myself under the bar

audiophyle

for the first time today. I was doing 5x5 with 175 lbs. It wasn't nearly as bad as I expected it to be, I just rolled it down my chest and picked it up. I couldn't beleive that not a single person came over to help me. Not even the bastard who was vacuuming right next to me. I wont be helping them next time they pin themselves, fuckers...

audiophyle said:
I couldn't beleive that not a single person came over to help me. Not even the bastard who was vacuuming right next to me. I wont be helping them next time they pin themselves, fuckers...

Thats fucked up man. What a bunch of dicks.

Glad you're alright bro.

Well atleast you are ok thats the main part. Could have been worse. Is it ok to laugh now....LOL....Sorry it was more the mental picture that you excelently created.

Fancy the bastard with the vaccum not helping that is poor mate, very poor, on the whole guys in gyms are normally a great help, help with spots etc.

I know what i would have done with his bloody vaccum.

Is it ok to laugh now....LOL....Sorry it was more the mental picture that you excelently created.

thanks alot bro! lol, no actually i was laughing in the gym as soon as i got the bar off of me ;) This just gives me one more good reason to build a home gym.

1. Always ask for a spot
2. Use weights that you can handle
Yeah, I've learned my lesson. How do you guys keep progressing without eventually pinning yourself? I can handle 165 for 5x5, but 175 killed me...

audiophyle said:

Yeah, I've learned my lesson. How do you guys keep progressing without eventually pinning yourself? I can handle 165 for 5x5, but 175 killed me...

You should have worked with 170lbs.

I don't use the 5 x 5 program, instead I use 1 set to absolute failure.

If I am working with heavy weights, I will always ask for a spot.

Hmm, if you go to absolute failure don't you need a spot regardless of how heavy it is? Since you can't lift it at all when you're done (failure)?

And yeah audiophyle, unless the weight was very easy it's recommended that you only go up by 5 punds for 5x5.

Top Bottom