Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Pinched nerve/kink in the neck?

Lefty78

Any of you ever get a pinched nerve or kink in your neck when lifting?
I get it frequently, maybe once every other month and it sucks! Takes like a week to go away and can't really lift a few days after it happens. I don't think it's from poor form, I just get it when lifting heavy.
What do you do to make it go away or heal faster?

Your getting it because you are looking in the mirrors while hot women walk by as you are lifting lol a lot people do it subconsciously and they usually end up hurt from it. If you are positive you are not doing that you should try neck exercises, check you bed and pillow, and possibly get a deep tissue massage. When ever a client or myself get an injury I hit the sauna and the hot tub often. Here is a good video of neck stretches and how to help prevent them fast forward to around 4:30 if you do not want to watch the intro http://youtu.be/TG_OxbwpdBo

I have had problems getting a pinch under my left shoulder blade. I have always had good form, but found that I deviated when going heavy which, when I corrected it, stopped the injury. It was very suttle, so maybe something to watch for.

Top Bottom