Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

pinch gripping

tiger88

are any of you bro grip nuts? i love to work my grip but i am getting my assed kicked trying to get 2 45 lbs plates, pinched up.... i cant do anything until my injury heels but how can i improve my pinch gripping? i can get and hold 2 35s for a few seconds but no where near the 45lbs plates

or is not ment to be with the 45lbs?

9 months until i get the #3 mashed :) well i hope so

I can do the 35's pretty easily but can't budge 45's. I think that rbrown can though...

Just add in pinch gripping a few times a week. Use 25's, 35's, etc... Make some 2x4's that you can put a bolt through and hang weights from to pinch grip. Train your grip from all angles, be creative, it will improve.

B True

b fold the truth said:
I can do the 35's pretty easily but can't budge 45's. I think that rbrown can though...

Just add in pinch gripping a few times a week. Use 25's, 35's, etc... Make some 2x4's that you can put a bolt through and hang weights from to pinch grip. Train your grip from all angles, be creative, it will improve.

B True

thanks bor, i am not pyshics guy but the extra 20 lbs from 2 35s to 2 45s is A TON and the size, adds this persoanl batter i got going too as well

i wish i knew how much effect it took math wise :) ya a grip nut i talk to on aim , sent me some pics pf his gripping tools in his garage and wow, talk about be creative there. :D that is part of my problem i am about as creative as the 2x4

you chalk before you do some pinch grip stuff with plates?

I chalk all the time:)

I have lots of grip tools and try to use them all. I'll see if I can take some pics of all my grip tools and post them this week.

B True

2 45's is a hell of a grip acheivement. Stay dedicated and it will come.

What are you doing to get there now?

b fold the truth said:

B True

Unfortunately I cannot get 2 45s off of the ground; although I hope to one day. Lately, I've been focusing more on supporting grip and crushing grip.

Tiger88--keep at it. Building pinch grip or any kind of grip requires a lot of time. 35s are good. 45s are world class. I know of very few that can do it so I wouldn't be that discouraged if it doesn't come quick. I think you have to be able to dominate the 35s like they are a joke before you can get the 45s. The fact that you have lifted the 35s is evidence that you can probaby get the 45s if you want them bad enough.

Is pinch gripping useful in powerlifting?

I intend to start doing heavy static holds to help my deadlift. Is there any other form of grip strength I should be doing?

I'm not sure about powerlifting, but wouldn't it be really helpful in football slobber? Trying to hold onto a guy would require this kind of grip strength.

rbrown said:

Unfortunately I cannot get 2 45s off of the ground; although I hope to one day. Lately, I've been focusing more on supporting grip and crushing grip.

Tiger88--keep at it. Building pinch grip or any kind of grip requires a lot of time. 35s are good. 45s are world class. I know of very few that can do it so I wouldn't be that discouraged if it doesn't come quick. I think you have to be able to dominate the 35s like they are a joke before you can get the 45s. The fact that you have lifted the 35s is evidence that you can probaby get the 45s if you want them bad enough.

thanx bromiester, well i am kind out of commission now with an injury but before i got injured i used to be able to play catch with 25s very easy

ya 45s is world class...

only one i have seen do it is my brother , he can also close the number 3 with ease.....i posted a pic of that some here on da training broad.....kid a skinny mofo too

Last edited:
63f1e36b7dbb8992ba4ff5af81d2af39.jpg

6 feet 6 inch and 216 lbs lol

Top Bottom