Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Pet Peeves In The Gym

-when the kids put the plates on the bar the wrong way

"1) people who get dressed up like they are going clubing to lift." -RusPA81

-Kids that leave the plates on the benches, rack and leg press/ hack squat

All of the above plus when people spend all damn day on 1 machine. I got my entire DC workout done and was hammered at the end and this guy was still on the hammer incline press and that is where he was when I did my first exercise. He was working out all by himself too. Talk about long and unintense. Gee lets go to the gym and try not to break a sweat. Its a genius muscle building idea, Ive got to give it a shot someday

Hmmmm... why all of this negative talk about heavy partials. I did an all partial routine for a short period of time and made great gains. None of you do rack pulls or heavy lockouts (I used to do them with 565 for sets of 10) in the rack?

partials are good when u incorporate them for a reason. we're talking about the guys who do them all the time just to feed their egos

- using the squat rack for bicep curls, when they could be doing this anywhere else in the gym.
- not racking plates when done

hmm, I know there's more but I can't think right now.

Funniest thing I ever at the gym.... saw a guy using collars on the smith machine. LOL.

Mike_Rojas said:

Lowering the weight in a squat, and seeing some jackass standing inches away from you. WTF??

This has happened to me twice this past year already, once on bench. I had 3 wheels on the bar and was in the middle of a set, when some idiot just started talking to his friend right beside me. I could see him out of the corner of my eye and one my 6th rep the bar hit his elbow but i managed to lock it out.

The worst though was this past summer when i was doing 5x5's on squat and during my 4th set some idiot stands right next to me to start doing db curls with 20's while i was unracking the bar.. He was so close, so i yelled at him to get out of the way, so he steps out of the way and then proceeds trip and then drop one of the 20's while im deep in the hole. The db bounces off the floor and then smashes into the mirror right in front of us. That must of been the hardest rep ive ever done in my life, glass all over the floor, around my shoes. I dont think ive ever seen him in my gym again...

Top Bottom