Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Personal trainers, personal trainer hopefuls, fitness chicks, anyone with fitness

SoreArms

knowledge

I am looking for tips on a 2 day per week work out routine for a 12 year old girl. Probably a circuit training routine that can mostly be done on nautilus and/or machine equipment. I'm looking for samples, guidelines, etc......

short story long

My little sister started getting chubby, too much TV and inactivity so I signed her up (and myself) up at the YMCA, I take her tuesdays, thursdays and sats. I signed her up for some classes so I did my thing in the mean time, classes are 6 weeks long. New classes just started and she didn't sign up for any classes on tuesday and thursday but she has rock wall climbing and swimming on saturday. I felt bad last week telling her to jump on the thread mill for an hour while I lifted, so I'm going to change my routine so that I can work with her on tuesday and thursday (I lift else where on Mon, Weds, and Fri).

Help me help her

thanks

How about a 2 day a week full body workout?? Is that what you're looking for??

jenscats5 said:
How about a 2 day a week full body workout?? Is that what you're looking for??
are you talking about a 2 day split, or whole body both days?

I think I'd prefer a whole body workout each day but either way let me hear it please.

clean and jerks

board presses

concrete globe lifting

seriously though, I would get her into swimming with light full body workouts 2 a week

lol @ clean and jerks & deadlifts.

sorearms, good on you for helping your sister out to do something healthy for her, where you can also participate.

SoreArms said:
are you talking about a 2 day split, or whole body both days?

I think I'd prefer a whole body workout each day but either way let me hear it please.

Well, I'm talking full body workout for 2 days.....

I guess you could have her use the: Machine press (back & shoulders), the Chest Press (chest), the Leg Sled (not the leg press with the plates) if your gym has it, and the bicep + tricep machines.....

Due to her age, I would keep it very simple & basic....

SoreArms said:
you son of a bitch! are you doing this on purpose!

sorry i didn't read the whole thread. so she already gets her cardio in i see. I would teach her some compound movements such as squats or dl's.

jenscats5 said:
Well, I'm talking full body workout for 2 days.....

I guess you could have her use the: Machine press (back & shoulders), the Chest Press (chest), the Leg Sled (not the leg press with the plates) if your gym has it, and the bicep + tricep machines.....

Due to her age, I would keep it very simple & basic....
yes, I want to keep it simple and also end it with a 35+ minute cardio session. I just want to get her active and hopefully help her get into fitness and fit a lot sooner than I started. I light, all body routine should work great, I hope.

Top Bottom