Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Personal trainers, personal trainer hopefuls, fitness chicks, anyone with fitness

thats good... but maybe a non family member would have a better in... it's odd but i swear i get along better and know some kids better than their own parents do...

www.bgca.org and find a local club... 30 bucks a year... yep, thats it...

Light weights or no weights at that age.
Her body is still changing and growing.
She needs to find something that she enjoys,
so she will stick to it.

basing this on my experience and what i learned from ISSA...

It is safe for children to exercise provided they do NOT USE HEAVY WEIGHTS of any kind. Also, make sure she warms up with some cardio beforehand. Children are alot more suspectible to injury....They have very little muscle mass in comparison to their body.
Have her focus more on learning basis exercises and just keep her active in general. Always keep the rep range in between 10 and 15 as well

Personally, i'd limit the weights and focus more on nutrition.....

let her do something she enjoys for cardio.

BTW Sorearms -- good luck with it. You are giving your sister a gift that could reap rewards for the rest of her life. I still find it odd today that kids play sports like soccer, football and baseball -- how are these "life activities"? Once you get married, 2-3 kids, hit 40, have a high-pressure job and have to travel, how are you going to do these kinds of activities year-round on a regular basis? Weights and/or cardio are both good for you, highly flexible with your time, and are something you can gracefully age into.

Good job Sore!

I was plaaning on having her do (and me too) 35 mins cardio at the end, should she do that first? Warm up with 10-15 mins cardio and 35 mins at the end?

I'd definately go with full-body workouts at a moderate to low intensity. Also, have her use her own bodyweight whenever possible (i.e one legged squats with her other foot eleveated behind her on a box so she's feeling only her own bodyweight) and keep reps high.

Finally, and this is must my personal opinion here... ZERO impact. It may be an outdated, debunked myth, but anything that might mess with a kids growth plates scares the hell out of me.

I have an 11 year old daughter that feels she has a weight problem, and i have been trying to think of a safe way to help her this post makes me feel the most comfortable! They are still so young!

Top Bottom