Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

personal trainer certifications

The problem is not getting certified. The problem is getting the experience to really do the job and help clients. I am studying to become a senior fitness instructor and senior fitness personal trainer. I am very lucky to be able to work with one of the best trainers in this field. Without hands on training from a real expert certifcations mean nothing.
full course.. which both NASM and ISSA are.

if anyone knows the strong and/or weakpoints of both courses, i'd really like to know.

I recommend NASM if you are looking to work in a gym but like the others have said this doesn't give you any type of specialty if you want that go for ISSA like mentioned above. Also if you don't have much of a scientific background make sure you really take in all your course has to offer focus on learning rather than just passing the test like some do.

The problem is not getting certified. The problem is getting the experience to really do the job and help clients. I am studying to become a senior fitness instructor and senior fitness personal trainer. I am very lucky to be able to work with one of the best trainers in this field. Without hands on training from a real expert certifcations mean nothing.

So much truth in that..

NFPT recognized internationally, so it's not an issue..

It will let you get started quickly and cheaply... Continuing Education (CE) are free and on line..

then you can do some other certifications as you want to specialize..

Oh crap another old thread....

Top Bottom