Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Personal train out of local gym?

jcinzahouse

Hi, I'm new to this site and had a question, I'm young and just got my BCRPA certificate to personal train.
I know it's probably not allowed at the local gym, but I need somewhere to start training people and picking up clients... does any one else also train out of their local gym under the radar?

Good way to get your ass booted my friend,most gyms will revoke membership if your caught pting in theyre facility,exspecially if they offer courses as well-just be careful

some may let you, just ask...you may have to pay rents for each session...in my area trainers pay $10/session to gyms and the person u train has to be member

Yeah, training under the radar is a quick way to having a terrible status with your gym bro

arrange a fee with the gym is the only option. But if you work with them and let them see a potential client growth via your services they should be more than willing.

Just talk with your gym and see what they say or ask other gyms in your area. I started out working for a training company. That gave me more knowledge of the buisness part of pting. Once yoi get a couple clients going and they are seeing results you will sky rocket with your clientel. Word of mouth is your best advertiser my friend. Thats how I do and even know alot of my old clients still recommend me and I still can offer services to them via email by writing diets and workouts. It is always a slow precess to get started but once your going its all gravy!

The best thing you can do for your first personal training position is get hired to a large fitness company. These large companies take the hard work of finding your own clients out of your day a little. They feed their trainers clients as often as they can. This will make your first time training much easier. Although it can be tough to get hired on in these gyms. Have a NASM or NCSF cert. Would recommends 24 Hour Fitness as they are on a hiring frenzy right now (I'm a manager for them)

Top Bottom