Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

personal records on max effort

I think that how much you go up between attempts depends upon how much you are going to have on the bar during the last attempt or two. For example, if I am working up to 585 on a rack lockout, then it doesn't make much sense to go up by 10-20 lbs per attempt. But if your max attempt on a particular exercise is in the 200''s somewhere, then it doesn't make sense to go up 50-90 lbs per attempt.

I did reverse band press wednesday for my max effort with green bands, and my attempts were as follows: 135x10, 225x3, 275x1, 315x1, 365x1, 405x1, 425x miss. So you see I take bigger jumps till I get close to max, then smaller jumps. The 405 was a new pr that I was pretty confident in making, and I just missed 425. Needed one little bump from the spotter. Next time, which is probably a ways off, I will ProbablyHope this helps.

ye that did help a little I'll see how I go in my jumps now and then after that make sure I go until I miss or need some help from my spot(brother). Thanx man

Top Bottom