Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

personal record time for me

hicksos

It is time for me to push into the end of the year to hit a personal record in my lifting. I have been frustrated at how much I have been stuck at this current weight. everytime i try and push I either get injured or set myself back another way. I know some of you guys on here strength train so what are your secrets?

Trying to hit a PR and getting injured every time is not a good plan. Just work up in weight slowly and in a safe way. You need to be patient.

Focus on using good form.

You don't mention whether this is a one rep max or rep max pr - or whether it is for powerlifting, weightlifting, strongman, or bodybuilding.

Whichever one it is, use good form and don't try to force out a final rep if your form starts to break down.

I got away with that A LOT in my teens and 20's, a little less so in my 30's, and now NO WAY at 40.

The older you get, the more you realize how much consistency and good health are paramount to progress. You won't hit pr's getting injured.

Top Bottom