Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

pencil neck work out, I want to make my neck thicker!

Carl.Luis

Guys I need and advice on which work out is the most effective to develop neck muscles, I would like one that involves weights and how many days the recovery time for neck, thank you, I just have skinny neck and I feel it doesn't look even with the rest of mu body,thank you

You can not make your neck larger but you can make your traps larger which will make your neck and jaw line look larger and more masculine.

The best exercise for traps is shrugs. I like to use DB shrugs because you have the best range of motion and get a really good stretch at the bottom of the movement.

I would add shrugs into every shoulder and back workout you do. The traps respond best to high reps. I would do 4-5 work sets with around 20 repetitions.

You can not make your neck larger but you can make your traps larger which will make your neck and jaw line look larger and more masculine.

The best exercise for traps is shrugs. I like to use DB shrugs because you have the best range of motion and get a really good stretch at the bottom of the movement.

I would add shrugs into every shoulder and back workout you do. The traps respond best to high reps. I would do 4-5 work sets with around 20 repetitions.

I diagree. The neck if composed of the same muscle tissue that's in your arms. Large muscles like the sterno-mastoid can be made larger (I've done it). The problem is thick neck girths, whether muscle or fat, are linked to sleep apnea (I have it). You're then stuck having to sleep hooked up to a machine for the rest of your life.

Shrugs will definitely help with the muscles surrounding your neck.

However what some people do (especially rugby and football players) is that they give direct tension to the neck muscles.

1. Take a towel and hold each side of it in your hands
2. Place the towel on the back of your head
3. Lean down with your head and try to push it back up, by giving resistance with the towel you are holding

You can incorporate this once in a while to strengthen your neck. But doubt that you really need it that bad.

A 3 way neck machine always works. Grew my neck thick as f in college football. Else the sell head sets with an attached chain(old school) to attach weights. Similar to a dip belt. Or as J Scott mentioned, a towel and a partner also works. Or a towel folded on the head with a weight on it works to an extent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom