Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

pecs

noahfor123

i started lifting about 3 months ago, and although my bench press has gone up about 80 pounds it seems my chest hasnt grown at all. it is sore after for a couple days after every work out, i do like 3 sets of 6-8 reps with my last two sets to failure, for three exercises. For the whole three months i have never done an arm workout and my arms have never been sore, but they seem to be growing way faster than my chest. why is this?
with my biceps flexed my arms are 14 inches, what would be a good size based on my arms, for my chest. right now it is 40 inches.

Yes, try some new movements and hopefully that will spark some growth. It also may be your diet, make sure you taking in a good ammount of liquid protein after your workouts and eating enough calories.

Benchpressing is a multijoint movement, individual biomechanics and muscle make-up can cause other parts than the chest getting the brunt of the stress, but do not debunk the bench yet!

Studies have shown that people just starting out in the first months were able to build more chestmass with pecdeck machines than benchpressing because benchpressing requires much more neurologic coordination to get the right groove at an adequite weight, however after a while, when coordination is established and the weight has surpassed a certain treshhold free weights become often superior to the machines.

One of the best exercises for chest in my opinion is the incline and flat dumbell press. It"s A marriage of relatively heavy weight and decent isolation. Bang out 6-8 reps of these.

A nice program would be:

8-6-6 incline (35-40 degrees) dumbell press
8-6-6 low-incline (15-20 degrees) dumbell press
8-6-6 low-decline (-15 degrees) dumbell press

You may have heard warnings about training a muscle not to often and taking enought restdays etc..... Well guess what , the guys with the biggest chests i know, train their chest EVERY DAY! ((maybe they have a genetic advantage for chest and thats why they love to train it so often, but still....) Key thing is that they do this every day attack only for one musclegroup, otherwise I would be sure they would burn up in 2 weeks.... Also they do very LOW VOLUME (total 4 sets) everyday so that the muscle recovers faster . You still have a special chest day where you do more sets (like the routine above) but also here the volume is limited to 9 sets total (as opposed to the usual 12-16 sets).

Let's say you train 5 days a week and have the weekend off, you might attack chest as follows:

session 1

session 2
8-6-6-8 incline benchpress

session 3
8-6-6-8 flat benchpress

session 4
8-6-6-8 decline benchpress

session 5

i was told that you were supposed to start with decline bench to work pecs, since it uses less of the other muscles.

you were misinformed, tricepts are a huge part of decline, prolly a lil too much. try incline dumbells, going as low as you can handle.

noah

i was just like you....

but I have great pecs now

if you would like my secrets just ask

and I 'll pm it to you

Top Bottom