Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Pec tear

Cali75

Hey guys maybe someone can help me who has gone through a torn pec before. Long story short I was doing triples on flat bench press when I felt a pop in my right pec. I am scheduled to see an ortho but not for another week from now and this happened about 5 days ago. My pec is swollen, and there is bruising on my inner bicep down to about my elbow. I can't really do anything with my arm. But there is no deformity and I am able to contract the muscle its very painful of course. Does anyone know what I can expect from this horrible injury?

Had a tri tear ealier this year. I hurts like bugger. If it was a full tear you would have to have surgery. With a tear however. Time is the only healier. This will not happen overnight and depending on the depth of the tear could take a couple months to heal easily.
It will start to feel better in acouple days when it comes to mobility but you will not be able to train it. If you don't give it adequate time to heal you will keep the trama repeating itself.
My advice is train other body parts for a while that do not add stress to the peck. That's how it handled it. but I had to tear the tricep about 4 times before I finally gave it the rest it needed. And when you are able to train it again. Train it very conseratively for a while to rebuild it's ablility to handle a stressful workload.
It could take 3 or 4 months at least to repair itself. YOu could try physio to help speed up the healing process.

Hey guys maybe someone can help me who has gone through a torn pec before. Long story short I was doing triples on flat bench press when I felt a pop in my right pec. I am scheduled to see an ortho but not for another week from now and this happened about 5 days ago. My pec is swollen, and there is bruising on my inner bicep down to about my elbow. I can't really do anything with my arm. But there is no deformity and I am able to contract the muscle its very painful of course. Does anyone know what I can expect from this horrible injury?

Thanks man, yeah I think its a full tear because I can barely move my arm. I can't even think about training anything right now cause of the pain and weakness in my arm. Seems like i'm gonna be out of the gym for a long time

damn man. i wish i had some news you want to hear but your in for a long lay off. i wish you a speedy recovery.

Good advice being given. Back in high school I used to overtrain like a mofo and one day on a max bench I tore the inside of my right pec on the sternum. I literally have a small indentation there now versus the left pec. IT was fairly painful, but didnt't go purple and I could still do pretty much all lifts, but chest exercises.

As minor as it was even though it fuckin indented my pec L O L, I still couldn't bench for 3 months without pain.

Take these guys advice and stay off it. I wouldn't do anything for at least a month and then maybe do some light stretches here and there and/or try a few pushups against a counter and see how the chest feels.

Sorry Bro, that's a bad one... Definitely see doctor asap, as it's something that nobody can guess on without proper exam. If you're over 20-ish, I'd think about HGH if that's an option for you, as you need all the healing power you can get. Last time I had a minor tear, I had to be very careful, and I wore a brace which limited how far my arm would move at the shoulder, for about 6 weeks. Be especially careful when you go to sleep... I tend to throw my arms up over my head, which woke me up with a ripping pain when I first had that tear. I tore mine coming off an MX jump, and I had my body weight all the way forward, and my pecs fully stretched (as in the down motion of a bench press rep). I didn't feel a pop, but I felt something like a razor blade had been stuck between my pec and delt.

Take care of that, and get better quick!

Charles

Thanks guys. I go in for surgery on friday. Ortho said the tendon came off the bone. He even showed me it on the MRI its crazy. Good thing he said after I recover I should regain almost full strength again.

i tore my right pec wrestling pretty bad.... it takes a long time to recover.... mine tore the musle bad enoungh to where my arm and whole side turned purple... Im still missing the part of your peck that runs into your armpit and some where it connects to the front delt and have some dissfigure when i flex.... I couldnt hardly move my arm at all when this happend... after all the trouble i had to go through i'd tell you this... I saw 2 doctors who told me nothing could be done and then 2 more who told me i needed surgery... i didnt have insureance and the cost was gonna be huge! I live by mexico and talked to a wealthy friend of mine from down there who lined me up with a doctor who his family uses for everything who did the surgery for 4,000 dollars. the u.s. doctors told me the guy did an excellent job for what he had to work with. I was real scepticle at first but the guy ended up being probably the best doc ive been to. He really took the time to explain things rather than the u.s. assenbly line style of things.... its the same tools same procedure just in mex for a fraction of the cost... now this guy was a great guy and has given me free follow ups ever since... this isnt to say to go to any doc from mex though! lol. If you have insurance you'll be good but if not and you are interested in the route i took pm me and ill send you the guys number. I cant stress the second oppinon enough though...

i tore my right pec wrestling pretty bad.... it takes a long time to recover.... mine tore the musle bad enoungh to where my arm and whole side turned purple... Im still missing the part of your peck that runs into your armpit and some where it connects to the front delt and have some dissfigure when i flex.... I couldnt hardly move my arm at all when this happend... after all the trouble i had to go through i'd tell you this... I saw 2 doctors who told me nothing could be done and then 2 more who told me i needed surgery... i didnt have insureance and the cost was gonna be huge! I live by mexico and talked to a wealthy friend of mine from down there who lined me up with a doctor who his family uses for everything who did the surgery for 4,000 dollars. the u.s. doctors told me the guy did an excellent job for what he had to work with. I was real scepticle at first but the guy ended up being probably the best doc ive been to. He really took the time to explain things rather than the u.s. assenbly line style of things.... its the same tools same procedure just in mex for a fraction of the cost... now this guy was a great guy and has given me free follow ups ever since... this isnt to say to go to any doc from mex though! lol. If you have insurance you'll be good but if not and you are interested in the route i took pm me and ill send you the guys number. I cant stress the second oppinon enough though...
Thanks man but i'm lucky enough to have insurance to cover the surgery bill. But yeah my right pec is hanging lower than the other one along with all the bruising down my arm and pec. I'm just wanna get this surgery over with and start recovery so I can start training again. This is like my worst nightmare.

Top Bottom