Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Pec Development...

Legion Kreinak2

Yes, I know how to do it really, bench presses and all. Inclined, flat, declined, flies, whatnot.

Thing is, I'm fine with all of my body BUT pecs. I'm on the 5x5 now, like 5th week in (4th, I forget as of now) and don't seem to be seeing much stimulation in terms of my pecs. Strength is up, yes. But first thing I want is to get that square plate on my chest.

Now, what I'm basically asking is... can anyone basically tell me what will give me that? Would I make inclined presses my core chest workout, and do 3x8 rather than 5x5? I believe I need to expand the size of my upper chest to give that look. Right now, only the lower is really developed, and I'm guessing that's why it may look somewhat like bitch tits from the side. From the front, you see the definition on the inner part of my chest, and outer and under, but the upper is nothing...

Just thought I'd ask. That's the only real thing I want now. Strength can wait, I don't plan to use much of it for awhile now (long story why)

whats the long story?

main thing you gotta do is eat. maybe try DB bench? i've gotten good results doing that for size instead of incline or flat bench

it will come, you just need to keep getting the overall size happening.

The upper chest area will always grow slower thean the bottom, well it is for me, but I kept adding size, and now its starting o fill out.

Try incline dumbell bench press

I always felt that my chest was small, and rounded. But i have improved over the last few months. I think the thing that did it was that i started prioritizing my incline bench, plus, i really started doing peck deck and i think that helped widen the chest a bit.

-Fatty

The other major factor is that it just takes SERIOUS time dude...
Well for me anyways...
To get a really nice set of pecs it will probably take you a couple years.
Sorry to burst your bubble...
On the other hand you may be lucky and have really good genetics... and may develop a nice chest quickly...
Let us know either way... you should get some before and after pics happening here too man... So we can criticise your progress... ;)
Thanks

Jesus... a couple years? See, my thing is, I don't wanna live with like half-developed pecs for that long...

I'm not going to do this, but I'm curious... since the lower is basically developed now, the upper maybe SLIGHTLY, but not visible enough, if I was to stop working the chest would the lower chest then, over time, "deflate" and return to being more in proportion with the upper? And if so, how long would this take?

Legion Kreinak2 said:
Jesus... a couple years? See, my thing is, I don't wanna live with like half-developed pecs for that long...

Yep. . . it takes years to develop a physique. All you have to do is work hard, stay consistent, eat good and the gains will come. Just be patient. Remember, you have to put on muscle to balance out. Personally, I believe that you are being to critical. You need to focus on your training and nutrition.

to do this, but I'm curious... since the lower is basically developed now, the upper maybe SLIGHTLY, but not visible enough, if I was to stop working the chest would the lower chest then, over time, "deflate" and return to being more in proportion with the upper? And if so, how long would this take?

Why would you want to stop working the chest? Of course if you stop training you could lose some mass. Emphasize the upper chest in your training program. Inclines are the best pectoral builder out there. There is certainly no need to stop training chest. Here are some good possible programs that you could follow:

Workout#1
Incline Barbell Presses - 4 x 12,10,8,6
Parallel Dips - 3 x 10,8,6
Dumbbell Flyes - 3 x 8-10

Workout#2
Bench Presses - 4 x 12,10,8,6
Incline Barbell Presses - 3 x 10,8,6
Decline Flyes - 3 x 8-10

Workout#3
Incline Dumbbell Presses - 4 x 8-10
Decline Barbell Presses - 3 x 8-10
Flat Dumbbell Flyes - 3 x 8-10

Workout#4
Flat Dumbbell Presses - 3 x 8-10
Incline Dumbbell Flyes - 2 x 8-10

Pick a program and run with it. Good Luck!!

Why would you want to stop working the chest? Of course if you stop training you could lose some mass. Emphasize the upper chest in your training program. Inclines are the best pectoral builder out there. There is certainly no need to stop training chest. Here are some good possible programs that you could follow:

Workout#1
Incline Barbell Presses - 4 x 12,10,8,6
Parallel Dips - 3 x 10,8,6
Dumbbell Flyes - 3 x 8-10

Workout#2
Bench Presses - 4 x 12,10,8,6
Incline Barbell Presses - 3 x 10,8,6
Decline Flyes - 3 x 8-10

Workout#3
Decline Barbell Presses - 3 x 8-10
Flat Dumbbell Flyes - 3 x 8-10

Workout#4
Flat Dumbbell Presses - 3 x 8-10
Incline Dumbbell Flyes - 2 x 8-10

Pick a program and run with it. Good Luck!![/qoute]

Agreed. You need more incline work. Slow down on the flat presses. Thats always everyones main thing is "Flat Flat Flat" I say leave'em out completely and do workout #1. Parrallel Dips rock for overall shoulder girdle strength and size. Alternate #1 with #4 if you must do a lil flat work.

Def dont stop chest work. Just alter it.

Scaggs

i dont like this new world movement of incline is what builds the best upper chest.

arnold did tons of flat, and weighted dips (which is basically the same thing as decline) and had huge pecs. yes is lower was huge, but i have seen the mans side chest pose starting from the time he was 19, and let me tell you, there was no lacking upper.

now he did inclines but they were not his first exercise untill after he had won 3 olympia's. then he thought that he had breast looking pecs. and he didnt think it, arnold pecs cupped back under on the bottom to make actual "boobs". but i dont think his upper chest was found in short demand.

just my little rant.

X

I think heavy dips is one of the best pec developers out there. I prefer to do weighted dips first, followed by incline d-bell presses, followed by pec-deck.

Top Bottom