Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

To Pause Or Not To Pause.......that Is The Question!!!

Exodus

High End Bro
Platinum
HELP PLEASE.

i have a question for the Westside Club.

i have been finally reading elitefitnesssystems.com and i am falling more in love with powerliftings methods of lifting than my typical bodybuilding past.

here it is:
do you pause............ they say that you build up energy on the eccentric part of the lift which you then apply to the bar speed on the concentric

does this mean fast down, pause, explode
or
fast down, touch, explode

because dont you have to pause in competition?

thanks for they help guys

on speed bench you don't pause,you do your triples fast and controlled .the reps should take 3 sec mor or less,now on ME bench day you pause everytrhing such asfloor press,board presses .the only things we don't pause are illegal wides ,closegrips,d/b presses or anytime we go raw.when you lower the bar you want to learn to lower with your lats and lower quickly to save tricep strength,that's the reason for lowering fast.glad to see you like the westside training.there are alot here that do it and will also help clear things up....PEACE:D

thanks mann

ok ........ here is another question then........... what if i bench raw all the time?

bump for opinions

I always felt like it helps me to pause when I train raw. Once you get used to this you'll really notice a huge difference when you put your shirt on.

if you never plan on using a shirt BUT you plan on competeing you will have to practice pausing cause you will have to pause in a meet.you can go touch and go off season,but when you start your pre meet training you will start getting used to pausing,but on ME day you still must pause on all ME exercises to get the full benifit.you don't want to do a 4 board press and bounce the bar off the boards........hope this helped bro...:D :D

here here for the mann........ powerlifterjay has confermed it

i have never............. im seriously........... never......... even seen a bench shirt,squat suit or anything........... what do you recomend

and if i never do compete.........(but GOD willing i will).......... should i even buy one?

exodus,how are ya' bro,

i would go with a poly for your first bench shirt,it's easier gettin used to a shirt in a poly.you can worry about double plys and denims later.go with an Inzer.there are peole that use the shirts that don't compete,i would say yes.train raw most of the time and once in a while throw a shirt on in the gym and see what you can push.man,training in a shirt will even make you stronger,cause you can handle a little extra weight.go for it man!!!:angel:

p.s.
powerlifterjay and 1 dawg have to be given credit ,i have learned greatly from both of them.........PEACE:D :D

The Mann has learned and uses all we have put into him. I would just add, basically just adding detail. Go with the top of the line poly. There best one before going to a double. As far as suits go with a Z-suit to start for squatting. What ever size they say you need just subtract one size. To start with! Get a champion suit to pull in. But hell if you got lots of funds to dump in it to start go hardcore on all suits. But see if you like competitions. Then up grade. Inzer 1-800-222-6897. Didnt look it up so if i am wrong on the number someone please correct it.

Although jay and I agree on alot of things I have to disagree with one thing he has said. Do not get a z-suit as your first suit. That suit is a real mother especially for your first suit. It is very painful to wear and it is hard to get the correct groove with it. Go with a nice comfy champion suit. Both are good suits. I used a z-suit for years and loved it. 1 year ago I swicthed to a frantz poly and had major problems with them blowing -- 3 meets in a row. Now I am trying to get the hardcore suit to work for me. I think I have the adjustments worked out with Inzer -- we'll see for sure in a couple months.

Top Bottom