Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

TO PATRO AND OTHER BEGINNERS...

BigAndy69

Your Canadian Idol
Platinum
This is something I sent to beginners that email me general questions and ask me to build an entire routine for them.

It's very general, and doesn't include much on nutrition.

If you are a beginner, don't waste people's time, and take a minute to read this.

Beginner's Workout

Mon: chest, tris
Tues: legs
Wed: rest
thur: back, bis
fri: delts, abs
sat: rest
sun: rest

Basically it's the old 2 days on/ 1 day off, 2days on/ 2 days off

Chest: Pre-exhaust(I hope you remember what this is) 2 sets of db flat flyes(20-25 reps)

1-Bench press: 6 sets; 1 warm-up(20), 2 feel set(15-12), 3 work sets(10,8,8)

2-Incline db flyes: 4 sets; 1 feel (15), 3 work (12)

3-Chest Dips: 3 sets; If you can do more then 12 add some weights.

Tris:

4-Lying tricep extensions(skullcrushers): 6 sets; 1 warm-up(20), 2 feel set(15-12), 3 work sets(10,8,8)

5-Rope presses: 4 sets; 1 feel set(15); 3 work(12-10)

Legs: Pre-exhaust, 2-3 sets of leg extensions(20-25)

Quads

1-Squats: 7 sets; 1 warm-up(20), 3 feel set(15-12), 3 work sets(12,10,8)

2-Leg extensions: 4 sets; 1 feel set(15); 3 work(12-10)

Hams

3-Stiff-leg deadlifts: 6 sets; 1 warm-up(20), 2 feel set(15-12), 3 work sets(12,10,8)

4-lying leg curls: 4 sets; 1 feel set(15); 3 work(12-10)

Calves

5-Calf raises: 6 sets; 1 warm-up(25), 2 feel set(20-15), 3 work sets(12)

Back: Pre-ex. 2 sets of lat pulldowns(25-20)

1-Wide grip chin-ups( basically your hands place like on a lat machine ) 4 sets; If you can do more then 12 add some weights

2-Barbell rows: 5 sets: 1 feel(15), 4 work sets(12,10,8,8)

3-Seated Cable rows: 4 sets: 1 feel(15), 3 work (12-10)

Biceps

4-Barbell curls: 6 sets; 1 warm-up(15), 1 feel(12): 2 sets close grip(10,8) alternate with 2 sets wide grip(10,8), follow the rep scheme, higher reps first.

Forearms

5-Barbell wrist curls: 3 sets of 15-12 reps

Delts

1-dumbbell shoulder press(do barbell if you can): 7 sets; 2 warm-up(20), 2 feel set(15-12), 3 work sets(10,8,8)

2-Lateral raises: 4 sets: 1 feel(15), 3 work (12,12,10)

3-Upright rows: 4sets(12,10,12,12) 2 wide for shoulders, and 2 close for traps.

4-Shrugs: 5 sets: 1 feel(12), 4 work sets(10,8,8,8)

Abs

5-leg raise: 3 sets; If you can do more then 15 add some weights

6(optional if you don't do it, add a set for leg raises) cruches: 3 sets (20-15)

Warm-up is a light set, feel is a set 1-2reps close to failure, and work is a set to failure.

Oh and you really need to learn how to perform these exercises properly, or you might as well stay home. If you don't you might even get injured.

Remember don't rest that long (1-1.5 min , and sometimes 2 min).

You should also get at least 8:30 hours of sleep. And learn how to control the negative portion of the rep(the way down), it is half the rep, remember that.

I guess that's it.

Andrew

Oh, here's the rest:

I'll give you some basics: I use a 4-5 month bulking cycle, more than that and you'll burnout, trust me I know from experience. The first thing you need to understand is that what works for some people will not work for everyone. However, there are only a few ways to do things right. You need to experiment and find out what works best for you. The trick to gaining muscle is quite simple, your workouts should not exceed 60 mins. It is better to train 45 min,4 times a week then 1h30min, 3 times a week. But here's the catch, you shouldn't rest that long between sets, 1-2 mins. You might think that you don't rest that much between sets, but you really need to time it, you'll be suprised.

These are things that people never do or take for granted that would make or break a physique.

Warm-up: do 7-10 min low intensity before each workout, just enough to break a light sweat.

Strech: The entire body before working out, and the muscle trained in between sets.

Mind-Muscle connection: lifting your couch will not produce any muscle. Why? because you are not thinking of using those muscles. When you wanna lift your arm, it goes to your brain and then you lift your arm. You have to do the same thing when train, you need to tell your brain that you want to use a specific muscle.

Drink Water: you need to drink at least 1 gallon a day, and especially before and after working out.

Pre-exhaust: For larger muscles( Chest, Back, Legs), you need to pre-exhaust. It means that you would do a couple of sets(20-25 reps) before your workout making sure you don't go to failure. Let's take bench pressing for example. The bench works the chest, shoulders, and tris. The problem is that your shoulders and tris will fail before your chest, and you will end up not working your chest to failure. Examples: for chest: 2 sets of flat flyes, for back: 2sets of pulldowns, for legs 2-3 sets of leg extensions.

Post workout meal: Right after working out: 60-80g of simple carbs, 30-40g of fast absorbing protein(whey). 30-60 min later a full high protein, high carb meal

Good job, BigAndy.

------------------
Backstage, '75 Olympia:

Serge Nubret, "I look like I can take you."

Arnold, "Keep looking."

Good stuff. Somebody might want to add a basic diet regimen to the bottom of this. i would, but I'm a lazy bastard right now.

Here is a simple explanation on diets:

You need to understand that a calorie is a calorie whether it came from protein, carbs or fat. A gram of protein and carbs have 4 calories each, and a gram of fat has 9calories. If it is not used by the body for protein synthesis(muscle growth) or energy(carbs are for short term energy and fat for long term energy), it is going to be converted to fat. However it's not that simple. I'm not going to go into to much chemical detail, but not all carbs, proteins, and fats are created equal. Simple carbs(sugar, processed foods like white rice, white bread and pasta) have less phosphate connections so they are used up really fast. Complex Carbs(oatmeal, brown rice, sweet potatoes) have more complex molecules so they are broken down slowly and provide good energy. You are probably thinking that sugar is used up more easily, so you should eat it above complex carbs. Wrong. There is something called a glycemic index. This is what is used to measure how a kind of carb will spike insulin. Insulin can be your worst ennemy or your best friend: It can make you fat and it can make you muscular. If a carb has a low glycemic value, it less likely be converted to fat. Eating high glycemic carbs with protein and fat( a hamburger) can spike insulin and make you fat. The key is to manipulate insulin levels. After a workout, you need to spike insulin, that's why you should drink a whey protein shake with high glycemic carbs. You should go for 80g of carbs and 40g of protein, or 60g of carbs and 30g of protein. The protein should have a high absorption rate like egg whites or whey, and the carbs should be very high glycemic like sugar. If you ate this later in the day, it would probably be converted to fat, but post workout it drives everything into muscles so to speak.

I guess adding this won't hurt:

Drinking half a gallon of milk is a reason why you are bloated. I used to dink about 1.25 gallons a day, and I noticed how much water I was holding in my stomach. I cut it out, and I lost 5lbs of water! You should not drink more than 2 cups of milk. That's roughly 20g of protein. Dairy in general makes you hold water. It seems, however, that, in moderation, cottage cheese is the exception.

Keep the thread going, it will save people some time.

Thanks for the info. Saved me from asking why my chest stop growing!

------------------
"Everything that can be invented already has been."
This statement was released in 1899 by the U.S. Patent Office.
If these 'Experts' ran the world we would still be sitting in the dark. It is our
Responsibility to shatter the outdated thinking and explore the realm of the untested:
It is here that breakthrough opportunities are waiting to be discovered.

Top Bottom