Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

? on partial DL's

KillahBee

From what pin setting do you guys do partial deadlifts? At the lowest setting in the squat rack in my gym, the pins are still almost above my knees, which is too high.

you can do them from whatever setting you want!! Rack deads are used to work your weakness..if you are weak off the floor try doing them from just below the knee..or you can work on your lockout..its really meant to train your DL not replace them!!

wnt2bBeast said:
you can do them from whatever setting you want!! Rack deads are used to work your weakness..if you are weak off the floor try doing them from just below the knee..or you can work on your lockout..its really meant to train your DL not replace them!!

I am definitely not replacing DL's with partials! I love DL's!! I never really looked at them like that though (working on your weak point). Good stuff.

KillahBee said:
From what pin setting do you guys do partial deadlifts? At the lowest setting in the squat rack in my gym, the pins are still almost above my knees, which is too high.

agree.. I would put them right below your knees.

MsBeverlyHills said:
than dont use the squat rack- use the power cage :)

LOL. From what I can see at my gym, unless I am completely retarded (up for debate, but I don't think so), there is no rack where the pins can be set lower than right above my knees. This is my predicament. Thanks for the input, btw.

Only other thing to do is set-up some of those aerobic blocks and use them.........are you training for powerlifting? Otherwise, I think they are prety unecessary.........I hit deads hard bi-weekly, do t-bar in the off weeks, and my gains keep coming......

JKurz1 said:
Only other thing to do is set-up some of those aerobic blocks and use them.........are you training for powerlifting? Otherwise, I think they are prety unecessary.........I hit deads hard bi-weekly, do t-bar in the off weeks, and my gains keep coming......

or good mornings.

I have the same issue killahbee. I was able to stick this little movable platform thing in the power rack and stand on top of it, thus effectively lowering the bar another 4 or 5 inches or so. Try to find something (or make something) that you can stand on.

Top Bottom