Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Parents muscle size and genetics question.

S

SSAlexSS

Just out of curiosity, to have good bodybuilding genetics does you father has to be muscular? Or sometimes seeminly "weak" father makes overly strong child?

Anyone know how big/muscular were fathers of famous bodybuilders?

How about your parents???

Reply please!
Thanks!

My father was very muscular in his day.Hes 48 now but hes a big guy.My little brother is stock.Im not so stocky naturally however my first year of working out i gained 25-30 pounds of muscle.Might be genetic.Might not who knows

I think it definetly does. now if your parents were skinny and then became very "buff" and then gave birth to you, huh? I think yes, but not everyones sold on that.

my to cousins are extremely ripped, along with a short stocky build. there father is very skinny but there mother is a brut...

My Dad is 54 and still has big arms (nearly 18"), a big chest, and a tight waist. He looks terrific. I have the same type of build, i.e., it looks like I lifted weights before I ever picked up a barbell. I was lucky. My brother on the other hand took after my mom's family...overweight problems. So I think both luck (getting the genetics from the correct parent) and genetics count!

jer, i agree. i'm a really tiny person like both my parents, but like my mum, i develop traps/arms/shoulders and thighs much more easily than my calves (although i'm an ectomorph). my sister is the opposite - she's got my dad's legs and build. she's more of a boy body than me, while i got my mum's womanly hips. i envy her calves, though!

It goes beyond just your parents genetics. You also have to look at their parents, grandparents, uncles, etc...

I doubt most of the famous bodybuilders parents have good genetics.

The reason the famous bodybuilders are so big is mainly down to synthetic substances, not genetics.

Originally posted by Robboe:
I doubt most of the famous bodybuilders parents have good genetics.

The reason the famous bodybuilders are so big is mainly down to synthetic substances, not genetics.

Actually that is wrong. Coz to be a pro YOU HAVE TO HAVE GOOD GENETICS! It is wrong to assume that lots of drugs = lots of muscle.

Look at Lee Priest. He has an awesome physique (one of the best). yet he uses almost NO STEROIDS! Few deca's and such.

And if you go to top level steroid usage you will find out that some of the PRO's take as littleas 2g a week. Others take as much as 6g a week. yet their physiques are similiar.

Drugs DO NOTHING TO YOU UNLESS YOU HAVE GOOD GENETICS. See, some bodytypes respond very well to steroids, some respond very poorly.

I like the car and plane analogy. Lets say the car is a guy with poor genetics. And plane represents a guy with SUPER GENES.
Steroids represent a Jet Engine.

If you put Jet Engine on a car it will not make it fly well (or at all) It may fly 5 feet up but very quickly it will crash, or it may not fly at all! Hey, I SEEN THAT.

But if you put extra engine on a plane, it will benefit from it ALOT!

Same here with steroids! Some people who are ALREADY FREAKY will benefit from it ALOT. While most (98%) will NOT!

catch it?

Top Bottom