Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Palm position for DB front raises.

frorider6

Palm down or palms facing? I generally done palms down but last night I tried palms facing. I started to think that palms facing would isolate the front head a little bit better.

Talk amongst yourselves.

Last edited:
It does seem to hurt that way, doesn't it ?

I find I tend to bend at the elbow stressing the Bicep inadvertantly when I do palm up on the last reps.

I never even considered palm up. That seems like it would put the shoulder in a very compromising position.

I tried it once or twice just to mix it up, and due to the awkward feeling and the elbow thing I haven't done it recently.

Seems you can't raise as high in the horizontal with palms up.

For me:

I start with palms facing back. I rotate thru the range of motion so that my right palm is facing to the left at the top of the movement. Finish position is in the center of the body

What about with a thumbless grip?

As for the elbow - I would advise keeping a constant bend in the arm throughout the whole motion.

Personally - I prefer palms down.

mekannik said:
What about with a thumbless grip?

As for the elbow - I would advise keeping a constant bend in the arm throughout the whole motion.

Personally - I prefer palms down.

I'll thumbless on lighter sets

I keep a slight bend all the time in the arms

Palms down.

I used to do seated lateral raises with a neutral grip, going from low waist to up over your head.....pretty good front delt workout.

You could try doing plate raises with different hand positions. Just grab a plate like you would a steering wheel and raise.

B True

Top Bottom