Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

palm pain when training

lenblack09

I never had this issues , I have been lifting for 5 years and this last few months palm pain on my hand is increasing, specially when I do curling and bench , do you think this is something that will require time off the gym to recover? I would hate to stop training because of this, I have a doc appointment next week , I stopped upper body training two days because of the pain.

I never had this issues , I have been lifting for 5 years and this last few months palm pain on my hand is increasing, specially when I do curling and bench , do you think this is something that will require time off the gym to recover? I would hate to stop training because of this, I have a doc appointment next week , I stopped upper body training two days because of the pain.

I had the same issue last month. but I'm on a strength gain cycle and I'm using progressively more weight and hit marks never hit before, so a mechanical device like a hand must have weight tolerances. u can't just add weight infinitely without a break in the weakest link. or maybe it's age for me. I'm gonna try some padded gloves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

this is no different than a runner who gets plantar fascitis.. you should back off for a bit, there isn't really anything you can do besides that

your ligaments in your hands are becoming too tight is all that is happening. if you continue pounding away you will make the situation chronic.. work your legs for the next week then go back to weight trianing normallly

When these things happen, you need to take a break. If something is hurting, this is a message from your body to take it easier, or else you will get it worse. Therefore, take some time off with exercises that will stress your wrists, and do something else. There are a lot of things you can do without using your wrists so much.

It might be arthritis. Book an appointment with your doctor and get it properly checked out.

Another thing I would do is get a massage. People often forget that there are multiple small muscles in the hands. You might of pulled a muscle in your hands when weight training. A good massage therapist can break up all the muscle adhesions in your hands and wrists.

I am glad you have a doctors appointment booked to make sure there is no real damage. In the meantime, I would rest it or at least do a deload week with very light weights.

Again my specialty (to the highest level) is grip or hand strength. There's a difference between wrist pain or discomfort and hand pain etc. Here's a couple or three suggestions:

1) Ice and massage the area.
2) What we call 'steel benders' (people who bend steel...) sometimes over strain a nerve cluster in the middle of their palms (about an inch above the wrist line). If you need to adjust the hand position by a few degrees.
3) Gloves... cough, cough (hate 'em). Try a small sponge between the hand and the bar.
4) Give thick bars (or FatGripz TM) a try. They spread the load over a wider area.

Top Bottom