Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Painful Curl's!!

RGS83 said:
STOP RIGHT NOW!

PLEASE.

What they suggest wasn't bad - HOWEVER I had/have the same as you.
I went to the doctor and they sent me for xrays and that turned up nothing, so they sent me for some other type of exam similar to an xray....

What you're saying sounds exatly like what I had. Your biceps are curling the weight no problem, but your 'Ulna' *sp which is a tendon/ligiment (not sure) in your forearm is damaged - it's pretty much a stress fracture.

It's messed man - if you keep curling it won't go away, it starts out small like nothing, then it gets so bad that doing a warmup hurts you... Then it get really bad, to the point where other exercises are effected and you can't life a thing when doing daily errands.

I suggest going to the doc and asking to be tested. Xray won't show, But it's another test involving small radiation.

Either way, I was told that using a bar, espically a stright bar will just hurt it more, use dumbbells.
BUT I had to stop curling all together for 6 weeks, then i had to start with very small weight, back to square 1.

Take it for whats it's worth, but if i'm right and you don't stop, you'll either break your bone as it is a stress fracture, or you'll end up in so much pain that you wish you only had to stop for 6 weeks.... see the doc

that sounds right..i really dont mind not working my bi's for as long as it takes to heal..what about other lifts deads bench overhead presses were u still allowed to do those?

My buddy has this exact problem, but only when doing barbell curls. I believed it was more to do with forearm and wrist flexibility. It doesn't bother him when doing any other form of curling or any other excercise for that matter. I have never had this pain, so I don't want to suggest anything. I guess it's wouldn't hurt to get it checked out. If that turns nothing up, I would say start stretching.

stretching does help..i would just hate to go to the Dr. and hear no lifting of any kind for 3 months.. :evil: well i could hit quads 3 times a week lol

I've got the same issue.
Doing incline DB curls are the only thing I can get away with.
No other lifts bug me though, so you may want to lighten up for a week or two so you don't hurt yourself too much.

Bonkme2 said:
I've got the same issue.
Doing incline DB curls are the only thing I can get away with.
No other lifts bug me though, so you may want to lighten up for a week or two so you don't hurt yourself too much.

PLEASE CHANGE THE AVATOR. IM about to lose my lunch. NOT TO MENTION IT'S TRAUMATIZING!

I had this problem a couple of years ago from doing heavy preachers. It didnt go away until i quit hitting heavy preachers. Now i am fine, however, something is definitely wrong if you are having trouble with your warmups.

On your pressing movements...does the pain come at the lockout or the bottom? I have been experiencing a problematic left bicep tendon that hurts like hell on a full lockout on most of my pressing movements. I did very little for my bis for a couple of weeks and lightened up on my lateral raises. Finally, it is starting to heal some.

cwick0 said:
I had this problem a couple of years ago from doing heavy preachers. It didnt go away until i quit hitting heavy preachers. Now i am fine, however, something is definitely wrong if you are having trouble with your warmups.

On your pressing movements...does the pain come at the lockout or the bottom? I have been experiencing a problematic left bicep tendon that hurts like hell on a full lockout on most of my pressing movements. I did very little for my bis for a couple of weeks and lightened up on my lateral raises. Finally, it is starting to heal some.

ill have to take notice when pressing..i dont recall it really being a factor when pressing just a slight annoyance!! Im done with bi's until i can get to the dr. and find out whats up..

I've never noticed any other problem doing lifts other than when I curled.

It's been a while since my injury, and i've been doing DB curls, and I started tossing the preacher bar curl into the mix again, and now i'm noticing that when I try to curl a dumbbell and I can't (as in i've done my 6 reps and i'm trying to squeeze out one more, but it's jsut not going, no matter how hard i try) after doing that, and i drop the weight, I feel the pain in my ulna again.

What other exercise can we do then?? I'm working out at home, and I'd hate to be limited to strictly DB curls - unless doing DB curls will work jsut as well?

I can't use the bar, and i've beer recently advised on this fourm to drop my concentration curls at this point in the game???????

i would DROP PREACHERS, but keep all of the db work, including concentrations. I would consider adding bb curls.

I ask not to critize, but out of curiousity; Why would you loose the Preacher curls and pick up BB curls

Since I share this guys forearm problem I can speak from experince, that BB curls won't work - they just hurt it even more! Which sucks, because BB curls are twice as fast todo get done than DB curls!! But why loose the preacher??

Could you also describe how todo a proper concentration curl... I've looked them up on a variety of sites but i still think i'm doing them wrong... I know my upper arm rests on the inside of my leg, while my other arm supports my weight. But how am I actually curling, or where am i curling... to me it seems that it's just a fancy way todo a preacher or DB curl

Top Bottom