Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Pain from squatting..not my knees

Egresser

I get a pain in my left hip area when I squat. Funny thing is I only feel it when I warm up or use light weight. The heavier I go, the pain seems to disappear. It gets real tender between sets, and post workout. Anyone have any ideas what it could be..maybe a hip pointer?

I'm not quite sure what it could be...but if youre new to lifting, and your hips are a weak point, try doing box squats for a while to strengthen them up....although im not sure what the pain is from

Could be your hip flexors...make sure u give them a good stretch before squatting...and it should be a bit better in that case...

Work out that weak point. Low box squats at a low weight should help you rep out this weakness and make itr a strong point. :)

It sounds like it could be that but I am not a DR. :)

Might be your stance? How wide/close do you go?
About shoulder width, toes pointed slightly out. I used to do my leg day with a power lifter, and thats what I've been doing since then. Never had a problem though. I think that it might be a weak point, and might have gotten a little crazy with the weight. I just came back after two years off....dunno..thanx for the input guys!!
Could be your hip flexors...make sure u give them a good stretch before squatting...and it should be a bit better in that case...
Any advice on a good stretch for those. I can't seem to get a good stretch for that area.

Egresser said:
About shoulder width, toes pointed slightly out. I used to do my leg day with a power lifter, and thats what I've been doing since then. Never had a problem though. I think that it might be a weak point, and might have gotten a little crazy with the weight. I just came back after two years off....dunno..thanx for the input guys!! Any advice on a good stretch for those. I can't seem to get a good stretch for that area.

Might be just "wear and tear" as they say.

Top Bottom