Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

pain in my palm when using c.o.c gripper

audiophyle

When I first got the trainer gripper (shut up, i'm weak :D ) I could close it for about 10 reps with my right hand and only once with my left. This was expected since your dominant hand/arm is usually stronger. But now that I've been using it for a couple weeks, I can close it for about 20 reps with my right hand, and not at all with my left because I'm getting a sharp pain in the center of my palm. It feels like its a tendon. Is this something serious and how should I fix it?

How often are you using them? My hand would do that, but it doesn't anymore. Not quite sure why.

i use it every day. i just leave it sitting by my keyboard and pick it up every now and then. Should these be done only once a week like any other excersize or is it ok to use them like i do?

Ive had that pain before..dont really know what it is.I noticed that the c.o.c's seem to be made for a right hand,and feel different in my left hand,because of how the handle is set,so maybe thats it.I really have no clue.I get the same sort of pain in one of my heels sometimes....kind of reminds me of bashing the tip of a bone with a hammer,and feeling like the bone is slowly tearing through my skin lol
Since I dont really have a goal to close the #3 anymore, I thought about wrapping mine with athletic tape,or something somewhat soft(maybe a foam handle off of a cheep gripper??),to help to keep the pain away,and to keep from ripping the skin off of my fingers(Ive done it before..it hurts alot!!)
I wouldnt train them every day.1-3 times a week seems to be a general rule,if you have major goals in trying to really improve your grip.You could get something like the snow ball that iron mind sells,to keep your grip fresh on off days,and to keep you less tempted to use the grippers.

I have always heard that you train you grip like anything else. Once to twice a week, otherwise you'll probably be overtraining. The COC gripper isn't the usual gripper and it's more of an actual workout. Try once, maybe twice a week with your gripper and see if that helps. I do grip work twice a week. Pinch blocks, lever, and gripping.

I use them everyday in a structured volume pattern. Its quite a heavy work load but everything is in singles not reps.

and no....i dont have any pain.

does it hurt any other time?

yeah the snowball could be a good idea

Top Bottom