Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Pain in middle upper back.

Miss24k

Platinum
I don't know if this is in the right forum or not. If it's not I'm sorry.

Anyway yesterday I did Back, and lately I've been feeling like superwoman when I get to the gym, and I think I went alittle too heavy. :rolleyes:

Last night I got this pain in my upper middle of my back, and I thought ok maybe I strained the muscle alittle bit, it still hurts.

Is there anything I can do to make it feel better?

Lay off.. heavy weights woman that are too heavy

happens to me sometimes too.. if i try to lift too much because then i tend to make my back go a way it shouldn't

Hard to say without a couple of questions:

Exactly where is the pain?
Is it sharp or dull?
Does it throb or is it continuous?

For basic muscle stuff take some advil or alleve, and try to ice it. Also stretching out will be helpful if it is a strain in the muscle. Alternately you can jump in a hot shower and let it run on your back while you stretch out some.

Cheers,
Scotsman

Scotsman said:
Hard to say without a couple of questions:

Exactly where is the pain?
Is it sharp or dull?
Does it throb or is it continuous?

For basic muscle stuff take some advil or alleve, and try to ice it. Also stretching out will be helpful if it is a strain in the muscle. Alternately you can jump in a hot shower and let it run on your back while you stretch out some.

Cheers,
Scotsman

I think it's my rhomboid, well it's in that area.
It gets sharp at times
And it's continuous.
When I turn my head side to side it hurts more, or if I lift my head up.

Also I asked this girl at work to massage it for me, cause I felt like I needed some pressure on it and I couldn't reach the area, she said it felt like a big knot there.

Thanks for your help Scotsman :)

Thank you Scotsman :)

pulled your neck more than likely. did you do any rowing where you shot your head forward towards the end of the set? did you do any behind the neck pulldowns?

Miss24k said:
I think it's my rhomboid, well it's in that area.
It gets sharp at times
And it's continuous.

Also I asked this girl at work to massage it for me, cause I felt like I needed some pressure on it and I couldn't reach the area, she said it felt like a big knot there.

Thanks for your help Scotsman :)

Thank you Scotsman :)

Probably a small strain that has "balled" up a bit and needs to be smoothed out vis stretching and massage work(if possible). Direct pressure can really help release the strain "knot" and loosen it back up while alleviating the pain/soreness.

How's your vitamin and water intake? If I am not getting enough calcium and potassium I start to seize up around my rhomboids really bad before other areas are effected. Also if you are lifting heavier now than normal you may not be getting enough rest so your muscles are rebelling a little bit. Try taking it a little bit easier next week on your upper back work and make sure of water intake prior to training especially but for the whole day as well.

When I do heavy traps I just expect to not be able to move my neck much for a couple of days as my middle trap area really tightens up and almost locks my head back while I am sleeping. Thus the reason I only do that about once a month.LOL

Cheers,
Scotsman

Find a chiro that can adjust your upper back below the neck. Its not easy but it will save you a lot of pain and stiffness in the longrun.

Miss24k said:
I don't know if this is in the right forum or not. If it's not I'm sorry.

Anyway yesterday I did Back, and lately I've been feeling like superwoman when I get to the gym, and I think I went alittle too heavy. :rolleyes:

Last night I got this pain in my upper middle of my back, and I thought ok maybe I strained the muscle alittle bit, it still hurts.

Is there anything I can do to make it feel better?

Have someone push with their thumbs until you feel the "hot spot".
Then have them lightly apply pressure and kneed the spot with thumb.

Follow this with some stretches ... hand on bar or door jam and pull with arm extended ... like a db or cable row.

Then ... ICE bag on that hot spot area and a bit of OTC pain reliever.

Rest area at least 48 hours.

Bignate, yes I did rope to neck cable rows yesterday. Nothing in my neck hurts.

Vitamins are good, I take a multi twice a day, calcium/magnesium & vitamin C 3 times a day, and a vitamin B complex 1 a day. Plus the vitamins I get from food of course, I'm bulking up now so lots of food (2500 cal). Water is around 6 litres a day.

Ok I'll try and take it easy week, and get someone to massage it.

Thank you all for you help :)

Miss24k said:

Bignate, yes I did rope to neck cable rows yesterday. Nothing in my neck hurts.

The muscles that turn your head and extend your neck run down to the middle of your back. your "neck" may not hurt but the muscles that control do.

avoid jutting your head forward on rowing exercises, think of it like trying to contract something and stretch against it at the same time. if you are trying to pinch your shoulder blades back, but shoot your head forward, somethings gotta give. that would be the smaller erectors that control your cervical spine (neck).

no rowing for a while, sleep with no pillow on your back to allow your neck to stay in a neutral position for an extended period of time. put tiger balm on it before going to sleep.

Top Bottom