Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Pain in the hips while squatting

beerdrinker

I'm having pretty bad pain in my hips while squatting. I'm pretty sure it's related to lack of flexibility, but all the stretching of the hip area I do just doesn't seem to help. I think it's because all the stretching exercises I know for the hips goes the opposite direction of the squat. The pain usually subsides enough by the time I get to my working sets that I can get through it, but not today. I had to stop in my first warm up set because it hurt so bad. I heard a little popping in there today too, and I don't think I've heard that before.

Anyone ever have this problem? I need some help here.

I get popping in my knees but i just take 140lbs and do 4 sets of 20 or any denomination of low weight high rep. I still get fantastic growth from the longer tension time without overstressing the joints.

i used to have that same problem and i have no idea why, but it went away a long time ago. I know it went away when i started stretching before a workout (dynamic stretches), doing hip joint rotations (fire hydrants i think they're called?) and doing body weight squats. just some ideas, but you probably want to get it checked out.

oso0960 said:
i used to have that same problem and i have no idea why, but it went away a long time ago. I know it went away when i started stretching before a workout (dynamic stretches), doing hip joint rotations (fire hydrants i think they're called?) and doing body weight squats. just some ideas, but you probably want to get it checked out.

OK. I'll look up these "fire hydrants". I think a hip joint rotation exercise could help.

I have had pain in my right hip.
I started box squating (wide stance) again.
Stopped using my power briefs and suit untill the weight gets heavy (SQ- 405 / DL 595).
Stopped doing Nautilus abductions and adductions.
Stopped dragging the sled.
Started to do reverse elyptical level 25 for 5 minutes after weight training.
My hip pain is almost gone now. Can't say why for sure.

beerdrinker said:
OK. I'll look up these "fire hydrants". I think a hip joint rotation exercise could help.

if you can't find them i'll give you a nice description. you get down in the doggy style as if you're about to take it anally. lift up one of your legs as if you were a dog about to piss on a fire hydrant. now rotate that hip joint clockwise and counter clockwise. i hope that was a good description. :D

oso0960 said:
if you can't find them i'll give you a nice description. you get down in the doggy style as if you're about to take it anally. lift up one of your legs as if you were a dog about to piss on a fire hydrant. now rotate that hip joint clockwise and counter clockwise. i hope that was a good description. :D

:D

That's actually kind of hard to do for a long time. I did feel it working around in the joint. Felt kind of good. I'm going to add these to my stretching routine.

Well, I squatted again today, and felt a lot better. I've been taking ibuprofen as an anti-inflammatory. That along with more stretching, fire hydrants, and lots of body weight squats to warm up, I was able to do my squats without too much pain. I'm just going to have to really watch it to make sure I don't hurt myself. I think I will heal up and get stronger.

Top Bottom