Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Pain in forearm

I had a bout with this last year and I didn't have to completely lay off lifting, just lifted lighter. Bench and bicep curls were the worst so I did those lifts the least.

A word of advice. If the pain worsens after attempts to lower weight, etc...one should see a doc. Huge difference between strain and soreness and a potential injury. When pain doesn't get better or worsens, it needs special attention as there could be something more serious at play there.

Hope u get better soon! :)

okay this is something just about every athlete has to deal with and I will explain to you WHAT caused it and how to make it better and what to do to the best of my ability to listen close

first off you have tendonitis in your elbow, and you also have forearm splints which is inflammation. first off this your body trying to heal itself from being overworked.. newb lifters OR guys who increase their workouts too much too fast are gonna get it. (i been there myself both as a runner and as a lifter). DO NOT take ibuprofen for this under any circumstance as this will only make the injury worse. ibuprofen is just gonna give you temporary relief but will make your problem worse. i know this isn't what guys want to hear but its 100% truth. i know guys who take it before every workout, complete douchebaggery and i feel sorry for them when they get older and are gonna have to be on pain killers forever.

secondly DO NOT ever wear gloves when you workout.. it will keep your forearms and wrists from developing.. not sure if you wear gloves now but if you do stop immediately

third if it hurts do not do it. learn to listen to your body.. you can still workout your arms and upper body without having pain. lower the weights if necessary. do not keep pounding away or you will cause permanent damage.

you do not need to rest this injury but you do have to reduce the volume and listen to your body. i hope you take this advice.. tendonitis and inflammation is proof that you have some sort of injury.. it could be something small that the body is trying to remedy or it could be something major we do not know. but if you start listening to your body and avoid things that hurt it will allow it to heal up as you continue working through it

Stay away from hammer grip exercises curls...etc. aggravates the hell out of it and dumbell flys for your delts are about the worst take it easy on those exercises and it'll calm down I have the same injury

Listen to what Steve is saying. Go on youtube and search tennis / golfers elbow elbow and do the stretching exercises that will help a ton. I just delt with something similar also. I ignored it and hoped it would heal and it never did I ended up having to it shot up and cut way back on heavy lifting and did the exercises from YouTube. With in 3 weeks it was better.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using EliteFitness

I know a lot of folk have highlighted rest etc and given your OP u seem para about it.

Bear in mind your prolly gonna shed a few lbs post cycle anyway. That's only natural.

And like Stevesmi said it's quite normal for inflammation like this.

Just get some rest (U won't lose any muscle gained, just keep your diet keyed in).
Just think about your increases in strength, it's only natural that it's gonna have an effect on your joints.

Heya! Used my brain for once... Finally remembered what it was called... Duh!!

It was an issue with my medial nerve.

I was misdiagnosed with tendonitis a couple of times. I think the significant difference is pain or tingling/tightening sensation in your pointer finger or palm and crazy pain deep in the funny bone.
Dropping light things can be a sign too.

Just another angle for you to investigate.

This is the first time I've attempted to partipate on this site. I am amazed at the helpful people out there :) its awesome.

So in saying that... Nice to be here & have an awesome day/night.

Unless bodybuilding is your career I would just take enough time off until it is completely healed..

Sent from my HTC One S using EliteFitness

Heya! Used my brain for once... Finally remembered what it was called... Duh!!

It was an issue with my medial nerve.

I was misdiagnosed with tendonitis a couple of times. I think the significant difference is pain or tingling/tightening sensation in your pointer finger or palm and crazy pain deep in the funny bone.
Dropping light things can be a sign too.

Just another angle for you to investigate.

This is the first time I've attempted to partipate on this site. I am amazed at the helpful people out there :) its awesome.

So in saying that... Nice to be here & have an awesome day/night.

Welcome to the site.. this is my exclusive go to site for fitness and bodybuilding because there are so many good people here.. it shits all over bb.com and other forums

Sent from my HTC One S using EliteFitness

okay this is something just about every athlete has to deal with and I will explain to you WHAT caused it and how to make it better and what to do to the best of my ability to listen close

first off you have tendonitis in your elbow, and you also have forearm splints which is inflammation. first off this your body trying to heal itself from being overworked.. newb lifters OR guys who increase their workouts too much too fast are gonna get it. (i been there myself both as a runner and as a lifter). DO NOT take ibuprofen for this under any circumstance as this will only make the injury worse. ibuprofen is just gonna give you temporary relief but will make your problem worse. i know this isn't what guys want to hear but its 100% truth. i know guys who take it before every workout, complete douchebaggery and i feel sorry for them when they get older and are gonna have to be on pain killers forever.

secondly DO NOT ever wear gloves when you workout.. it will keep your forearms and wrists from developing.. not sure if you wear gloves now but if you do stop immediately

third if it hurts do not do it. learn to listen to your body.. you can still workout your arms and upper body without having pain. lower the weights if necessary. do not keep pounding away or you will cause permanent damage.

you do not need to rest this injury but you do have to reduce the volume and listen to your body. i hope you take this advice.. tendonitis and inflammation is proof that you have some sort of injury.. it could be something small that the body is trying to remedy or it could be something major we do not know. but if you start listening to your body and avoid things that hurt it will allow it to heal up as you continue working through it

Thanks Steve for the info, great feedback and advice as always from yourself .

I'm not wearing gloves and have stopped doing the exercise that seemed to make it worse, it's seemed to be not too bad at the moment just a little bit tender , so going to continue doing what I'm doing and fingers crossed will eventually go , not got a break from training now till 3 months so hopefully it just fades away , again thanks for your help.

Top Bottom