Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Pain at the bottom position of bench press

ronki23

I was warming up on the bench press with Dumbbells and at the bottom position I felt pain and weakness where the pectoral and deltoid meet. It was so painful and I couldn't press the weight back up.

It hurt less on the barbell and almost non existent on the converging chest press machine (a lever machine).

I wasn't going too heavy so what causes the pain and why does it only hurt when benching?

the photo shows the position it hurts- only in the left shoulder/pec

But why did it strain before I could even warm the muscle up? Was it because I did heavy wide grip pulldowns earlier?

it doesn't feel like a pec strain because the pain is also in the deltoid p; could it be the tie-in got injured?

those types of injuries are from improper warming up

i know everyone has an ego and is in a rush, but warming up is something 99% of guys fail to do. if it hurts then don't do it.. avoid that area for a while and let it heal

But I got hurt WHILE warming up. Unless I pulled it from the wide grip pulldowns before?

It is impossible to say for sure how it happened but I know you need to rest it. That area can be really tricky because it could be somewhere in the shoulder too. It sounds minor at this point so definitely rest it as opposed to pushing through the pain and risking a more serious injury.

Have you tried a shoulder press recently? I messed my rotator cuff up years and years back when I was 19, took a lot of band training/warming up through out the day to get it sorted.
Messing my rotator cuff I couldn't bench, shoulder press, back exercise and even arm exercises lol just a thought, not diagnosing you Haha!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I would see a good sports therapist and get it professionally checked out. The area you pointing to is the most common place where people rip their pecs. You might have a partial pec tear.

Top Bottom