Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

The Pad (not about feminine hygiene!)

Valdez

that damn pad that you can put on the squat bar! screw that thing. I used to always use it, always. to my suprise when I left it off I was using 50 more lbs for my 6 rep squat! because I was having to balance the bar more with it. so I'm going raw dawg from now on! just sit is low on the traps and grunt them out.

i agree valdez.nothing like the bar digging in to your skin and creating blood clots(spelling?).they vanish after a few days anyways.never used that pad...i probably wouldn't be able to balance the bar w/ the pad.

I used to always call it the "pussy pad." A few weeks ago I introduced my little brother to the world of weight training. I was helping him with squats for the first time and kept complaining about how the bar hurt his shoulders. I kept telling him to deal with the pain, that he was just being a wus and that squats were the measure of a man. But after I got to really paying attention (my brother is pretty skinny) he has absolutely no traps...I think the bar was digging into his spine pretty hard so I let him use the thinnest pad the gym had.

So it's probably a worthwhile item for beginners in situations like that, but be assured that as soon as he develops some meat on his shoulders, it's raw iron for him just like his brother.

BTW...I still call it a "pussy pad."

------------------
Backstage, '75 Olympia:

Serge Nubret, "I look like I can take you."

Arnold, "Keep looking."

the pussy pad makes my balance off and after my traps caught up and i now have muscle there so the bar doesnt even hurt anymore
congrats on leaving behind the pad

------------------
" The Lord said he can get me out of this one, but he's pretty sure you're fucked."

"Fighting for peace is like fucking for virginity."

"Its not when you die its how you live"

Top Bottom