Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Overtraining whilst on CKD.

Will_Purity

I'm a natro guy planning on following a clean CKD for my first cut with a 500 cal/day deficit. My goal is to lose 1.5lbs+ of fat per week for 12 weeks.

My initial plan was to use a 5 day split, and 5x20Min HIIT sessions per week.
I am, however, concerned that my body will just be way over trained and have no chance of recovering.
Would perhaps a full body workout 3x a week with 3 x 20Min HIIT sessions be more beneficial? Or am I just being a bitch?

I feel like the latter would be "slacking off", however, it's better than wasteing my hard earned muscle right?

Any advice or suggestions would be much appreciated.

If you don't do cardio daily now. My recommendation would be
Don't drop your food intake and add 45 minutes a day on a treadmil first thing waking before any food intake.
I do this for show and still eat 3700 cals a day and it takes 1 to 1 1/2 lbs per week off. If it's not enough then add a second in the evening of 1/2 hour.

Train full body. Simple routine 3 days a week based around 3-4 compound movements. You are not going to be building muscle on a cut so there is absolutely no point in doing a 5 day split and chasing 'the pump' with endless isolations (IMO there is no point doing that ever if you are natty, but that's another issue...). The name of the game when cutting is to hang on to as much muscle as you can, the best way to do this is to maintain your strength on the big compounds.

If you don't do cardio daily now. My recommendation would be
Don't drop your food intake and add 45 minutes a day on a treadmil first thing waking before any food intake.
I do this for show and still eat 3700 cals a day and it takes 1 to 1 1/2 lbs per week off. If it's not enough then add a second in the evening of 1/2 hour.

Firstly, thankyou for your response.
Do you recommend doing cardio on lifting days or 'rest' days?
Assuming I employ a full body 3x a week lifting routine.

Train full body. Simple routine 3 days a week based around 3-4 compound movements. You are not going to be building muscle on a cut so there is absolutely no point in doing a 5 day split and chasing 'the pump' with endless isolations (IMO there is no point doing that ever if you are natty, but that's another issue...). The name of the game when cutting is to hang on to as much muscle as you can, the best way to do this is to maintain your strength on the big compounds.

This is exactly what I had in mind.
Thanks for your input.

A further question I forgot to add in my original post.

Keeping in mind that I am the following;
5'11'. 75KG/165lbs. 17%BF.
Is this an unreasonable estimation of BF% loss month by month?

17 - 15%BF. A 1.5% loss per month.

15 - 12%BF. A 1% loss per month.

12 - 8%BF. A .75% loss per month.

Thanks for your time.

Don't do any HIIT while on keto. once your heart rate gets so high, your body will start to catabolize muscle while in a ketogenic state. You can do like 45 minutes of light cardio, you'll get better results, I'm sure of it. Have you done keto before? 1.5 pound per week is very conservative. Once I drop water weight, it is common for me to lose 3-5 pounds a week while doing keto. My girl who is around 125 drops on average 3 pounds a week while on keto....

Cardio should be everyday. and should not be intense. All you are trying to do is burn off excess fat, your not doing a conditioning run. Try to keep heartrate in the 130 mark on no incline. Its basically 4 miles per hour or slightly less.

Don't do any HIIT while on keto. once your heart rate gets so high, your body will start to catabolize muscle while in a ketogenic state. You can do like 45 minutes of light cardio, you'll get better results, I'm sure of it. Have you done keto before? 1.5 pound per week is very conservative. Once I drop water weight, it is common for me to lose 3-5 pounds a week while doing keto. My girl who is around 125 drops on average 3 pounds a week while on keto....

3-5lbs per week would be fucking awesome! Is that whilst on gear though?
You have really got my hopes up lol, that kind of loss would reduce my cutting time to 2 months!

Cardio should be everyday. and should not be intense. All you are trying to do is burn off excess fat, your not doing a conditioning run. Try to keep heartrate in the 130 mark on no incline. Its basically 4 miles per hour or slightly less.

Thanks again for your response.
I will be able to do that no problem.

I will log my daily progress on the forums when I begin. 17th Jan is my start date.

Top Bottom