Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

overtraining or what is going on?

sanfordine

I feel like i have been overtraining because my weights have come to a halt and i'm not improving. i cannot sleep either. and i lack motivation to workout. i've lifted for years nonstop without any breaks and i feel burned out. do you recommend I take time off from the gym to reset things? if so how long

pro athletes have offseasons for a reason. they want to rest their bodies and mind. then they come back strong and work their way up to the regular season.

if you are one of those that takes no prisoners in the weight room then you need to give your body a break here and there even if it means you lose a bit of strength. it is not fair to pound your body into the dirt

This is the exact scenario where you need to take 1-2 weeks off from the gym. It will be so beneficial for you and I promise you will not lose all your muscle. Too many guys think that and do not take the proper rest they need.

I would also start to implement the occasional deload week where you lift at 50% of the weight you normally would. This will not only give the joints a break but also give you a mental break from pushing heavy weights all the time.

Top Bottom