Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Is it Overtraining Syndrome or something else?

Thank you! I think not taking breaks was a problem! What do you do during your reload?

it is called a de-load. a simple way to pull that off is 50% down on reps/sets/weights.

so if you usually do 10 reps of bench press at 200 pounds for 6 sets. do 5 reps of bench press at 100 pounds for 3 sets

remember our bodies are not robots made of steel iron. we are very fragile creatures. notice how lions sleep A LOT. they are super active, agile and fast killers, but they also sleep 18 hours a day and lay around. if they didn't do that their bodies would break down the same way yours is.

humans actually are very lazy creatures too. our bodies are not made to be wrecked from weight training constantly without a break. notice how pro athletes in EVERY SPORT have offseasons. they need breaks from the grind too and they are the best athlets in the world

i used to be stubborn and not believe in breaks. but then i was forced to take breaks due to injuries or things like moving etc. and i realized that taking a break actually was GOOD FOR ME. and helped me improve. you have to change up your mentality here.

i strongly urge you to take 2 months off weight training entirely and go do yoga for 2 months. then come back to weight training fresh, i recommend yoga a lot to guys cause it is the opposite of weight training. weight training is COMPRESSION. yoga is DE-COMPRESSION. weight training dries out joints, yoga LUBRICATES joints. weight training hurts flexibility and mobility, yoga INCREASES both. see why i recommend it? but take a GOOD YOGA class at a good studio. not old people yoga they teach at your gym. find a good studio well reviewed.

if you do that you will actually strengthen your core and come back stronger believe it or not

Thank you! I think not taking breaks was a problem! What do you do during your reload?

I typically lift with close to 50% of the weight I would normally lift with. So if I was doing a 225lb bench press on a normal day, I would do something like 135lbs. Simply removing a plate from each side. It gives the joints a nice break too.

Top Bottom