Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Overtraining Q?

What you're saying is true. Overtraining: when your muscles look smooth, they start breaking down. Like you said or someone said you find out about what works for your body. Lack of sleep, poor diet has something to do with how much you're able to train. Your diet can be on spot and you can have adequate sleep and still overtrain. I'm talking about sets and intensity. The smaller the body part the less sets one needs. Now that depends on the person through trial and error. I woudn't recommend doing more than 9-12 sets for bi's. Back, I would train 13-15 sets, some people do 20 for back. I like to hit every part of the body part I'm working with intensity then quit. Example: chest: upper, middle, lower, than maybe inner chest then quit. Tri's upper-head, lower-head, inner tri then quit. There is no need to do excessive sets....Ect... You understand where I'm coming from?

i agree with the first part you said...

and i agree that typically, smaller body parts need less sets.....

Personal opinion on overtraining.

The biggest problem I see with people and overtraining is that they dont have a good routine. They typically overemphasize workouts that focus on their upper bodies and neglect the core and lower muscle groups. If you have a well balanced routine that spreads the workouts throughout all the muscle groups its nearly impossible IMO to deal with this thing called overtraining. Its all in how you spread you workouts, time for recovery, proper nutrition on your off days, and lastly you willingness to do the suck ass workouts.

It depends on alot of varieties.. If your juicing, eating 6 clean meals and getting enough rest overtraining is IMPOSSIBLE YES IMPOSSIBLE, i dont give a shit what anyone say, Ofcourse im talking about overtraining your muscle not CNS.. For natty like myself its possible but very hard if your doing the right thing, eating 6 clean meals and getting 8 hours of sleep.. I however do believe in cns fatigue no matter what you do or take, if you going heavy all the time below 5 reps you will feel weak as fuck, as you progress you will be extremely fatigued that you lose motivation for the gym and have to take 1-2 weeks off.. So it depends on a ton of factor not just how many sets you do..

Seems to have more to do with frequency, rather than too much work at one time. If you are on a 7 day rotation and only training the body part once a week, then it should be nearly impossible to overtrain. Whether the added work you are doing has any added benefit depends on a long list of variables. After a certain amount of work, your body will be recovering from an injury, rather than adapting to stress.

dude, if you're properly working your chest, 2 hours is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too long imo. What would you have to do for chest that would take your workout 2 hours?

i agree with moya, but at the same time, there are too many variables to come up with a definitive definition of overtraining. If someone eats 6 good meals a day and sleeps for 8-10 hours per night, that person is less likely to "overtrain" than someone who eats 3 times a day and sleeps 5 hours per night. Overtraining is a broad term IMO, and it's extremely hard to diagnose someone who is overtraining because as i said, a lot of variables come into play

I dont think it is too long, but im one of those guys that gets to the gym takes my pre-workout there and bullshit for awhile for a total of 30 minutes. Plus on a split day chest and triceps an hour and 30 minutes is just enough time for me to finish up with me hustling in my opinion.

Top Bottom