Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Overload training

i love overload training. i do a drop set at the end of every exersise and the other 2-3 sets i try to get to failure.
but only when im on gear, otherwise it would be TOTALLY over training.

One of the phenomena of the human body is its ability to adjust to the demands of physical stress placed upon it. A person's level of fitness is imaged in the specific adaptations made to their shape, weight, body flexibility and movement, related to the level of physical activity habitually encountered in their work or leisure pursuits. The body can also respond by adapting to meet the demands of planned diverse physical activity. It may register an improvement in muscle strength, endurance, speed, flexibility and coordination, dependent on the type of activity being undertaken and the intensity and progressions entailed. Conversely, inactivity will produce adverse changes in these areas and a decline in the body's efficiency. The concept of progressively increasing the load and its training effect is known as the "overload principle". It can be defined as "the application of any demand or resistance that is greater than those levels normally encountered in daily life". The degree of intensity with which the system is overloaded wil affect the rate at which physiological adaptations take place. The closer the overload is to maximum, the greater the physiological improvement, provided that the overload is applied in gradual progressions and can be tolerated by the body for it takes time for the human body to adapt to additional exercise without experiencing fatigue or excessive muscle soreness. Below a certain stress level a person will show no improvement and merely maintain his current level of physical fitness. So yes, you should do overload training.

Omega44 said:
i love overload training. i do a drop set at the end of every exersise and the other 2-3 sets i try to get to failure.
but only when im on gear, otherwise it would be TOTALLY over training.

Drop sets are NOT overtraining. What do you think would happen if you did them while not on gear??? (I had a long discussion about this with two MES personal trainers and they agreed with me that that's bullshit - training harder during ONE workout is not the same as working out TOO MANY TIMES!!!).

Omega44 said:
wtf are u talking about daman?

you said you don't do dropsets when not on gear because it's overtraining, i'm telling you it's not overtraining because the microtears (forgot scientific name) caused by the dropset are not going to be catabolic with an absence of steroids or whatever it is you fear... UNLIKE working out the same bodypart 7 days in a row without allowing it to grow while not on gear - THAT is overtraining...

in short: drop sets when not on gear are NOT overtraining.

make sense?

Top Bottom