Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

over weight and lifting

smith pearson

Guys do you think a person who has to lose 45 lbs doing lifting can lose fat faster than doing cardio or stationary bicycle? actually I'm doing just bicycle because I'm too heavy and when I run I get knee pain and shin splints, thank you.

The goal of cardio is to simply burn calories. It does not matter what form of cardio you do, as long as it gets you moving and gets your heart rate up!

The bike, treadmill, step mill, rower etc. are all equally good options.

Try swimming. I had a few very over weight clients who struggled with knee pain when doing any form of cardio. Swimming is very non-ivasive and very easy on your knees.

A combination of both is really the best. With weight training you want to focus on keeping your heart rate up. The best way is to do higher reps and low rest times between sets.

The nice thing about weight training is that you will also have an afterburn for the next day where your metabolism stays elevated. This is not the case with cardio. I would do the weight training and whatever cardio you are able to (bike, swimming, walking).

Top Bottom