Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

over head press + board press prs + video

T

t3c

Heres some overhead press and boardpress prs from today...i felt so good today, slept really well last night, and ate lots of food.

Workout went a little something like this
Overhead press
95x5
115x5
135x5x3sets
set1
set2
155x2

I feel alot better when i warm up with lighter weights on OHP, did it today and it felt nice. Form was ok i guess, i upped the weight 10lbs from last week so hopefully it will be better next week.

On the 155x2 i was going for 3 reps...but that just wasn't gonna work lol.

Any opinions on the form of the pressing movement? CCJ? Clint? I don't really care about the "clean". If you can even call it that.

close grip (pointer on smooth) 4 Board press
135x5
170x3
185x4!! huge pr...my old pr was 185x1 like 3 weeks ago, my elbows flared on the 4th rep though...damn. I think these overhead presses are making my bench go up

Tricep pushdowns 35lbs 3x10 10sec rest
Lat pulldowns 45lbs 4x15 10sec rest
Abs superset with face pulls with 20lbs 3xhigh reps

niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice on the board presses. I'd love to do them, but I don't have an assclown to hold boards for me... do I need an assclown? LOL -- No offense, I just picked a random name out of my vocabulary to identify the guy in your video :)

As for your over the head presses... I'm probably the last guy you should ask, as I never do them. I can't tell how your verticality was... because it was taken from the front... but it looked like you got your legs under it and pressed straight up.

C-ditty

I don't know if thats a good thing or bad thing you are talking about on the OHP.

As for the board presses , i usually don't have an assclown, i just wear a big sweatshirt and stuff the board under there...it works really well. Maybe you should try it that way. I got this assclown via mail order. He was the discount kind, sort of like the diet assclown...just one calorie not assclown enough. I paid less but he doesn't squat or deadlift. You get what you pay for!

awesome on the ohp. I am targeting that actually, but haven't used my legs to assist in the lift. next ohp day, I will do that. isn't your grip a little too close for that?

t3c said:
I don't know if thats a good thing or bad thing you are talking about on the OHP.

As for the board presses , i usually don't have an assclown, i just wear a big sweatshirt and stuff the board under there...it works really well. Maybe you should try it that way. I got this assclown via mail order. He was the discount kind, sort of like the diet assclown...just one calorie not assclown enough. I paid less but he doesn't squat or deadlift. You get what you pay for!

ROFL @ Assclown comment

C-ditty

I'm sorry to say you need to work on the power clean movement other than that I would suggest yuo do press in the power cell and use the racking bars to mount the weight at your shoulder height

I would call these push presses, the video was jerking a bit on my system, but it looked fine as far as I could tell

Someone I know is getting stronger...

Find the technique...and with time...the strength will come.

:)

B True

Top Bottom