Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Outer QUAD

ryno9000

My quads are experiencing nice gains in both strength and size. However, my inner quad seems to be developing alarmingly more than my outer.

I've adjusted squat stance to have toes point forward more and stance to be less wide, while still able to get my ass to the floor. On hack squats I even pigeon toe a bit in hopes of getting my outer quads to activate and grow more. I have been doing this for about 3 weeks now, and notice no stimulated growth in my outer area. HELP!

It looks kind of goofy to be honest, I mean my inner quad is significantly more developed.

Also, side note, my legs in general don't seem to grow OUT. The muscles get taller and deeper, but they don't seem to spill over making them WIDER. It's weird, I wonder if anyone else ever has/had this issue?

idk bro, maybe ur jus over analyzing it. Id say take a pic but thats kinda gay lol

but the teardop on my quad makes it look like i have a second kneecap LOL, but the rest of the qaud is OK.

The muscle is gonna either grow or not, its hard to pinpoint how to isolate the outer quad more...id say just keep blastin the shit out of ur quads and most likely it might jus look funny but actually looks ok.

Hey ryno that really might be a genitic thing. I usually dont get on that boat, "genetics" cuz I think its an overused excuse. But in this case I think it may fit. Did your dad have developed legs and if so how did his legs look? That may be an indicator for you bro.
Otherwise you might just plain switch things around in your workout for awhile. Drop the squats for say 4 weeks and go to leg press, just to see what happens. When you do your leg presses, dont lock out at the top and dont pause on the lower position either. But make your whole set X number of smooth non pausing reps.
Also I know some power lifters that use a roller to flatten out quad and hamstring muscles. They make the roller out of a pc of galvenizsed conduit and then they get some pvc that will just go over the pc of galvanized conduit and they roll the muscles really hard with this.
Maybe some help for you, hope so anyway.:)

Hey ryno that really might be a genitic thing. I usually dont get on that boat, "genetics" cuz I think its an overused excuse. But in this case I think it may fit. Did your dad have developed legs and if so how did his legs look? That may be an indicator for you bro.
Otherwise you might just plain switch things around in your workout for awhile. Drop the squats for say 4 weeks and go to leg press, just to see what happens. When you do your leg presses, dont lock out at the top and dont pause on the lower position either. But make your whole set X number of smooth non pausing reps.
Also I know some power lifters that use a roller to flatten out quad and hamstring muscles. They make the roller out of a pc of galvenizsed conduit and then they get some pvc that will just go over the pc of galvanized conduit and they roll the muscles really hard with this.
Maybe some help for you, hope so anyway.:)

Hey thanks for taking the time to respond. That's a good idea, and I am switching up my leg routine here in a week anyway, so I may give that a shot!

Does rolling the muscle actually change the shape?!?! That's crazy, I guess it could though. I'll bet it's equal parts pain/pleasure! Like a super deep tissue massage.

Good stuff, thank you both for posting.

Hack squats with narrow stance or front squats with narrow stance both with toes turning slightly inward seem to help outer quad development.

Top Bottom