Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

OUCH! Deadlift injury? WTF OUCH

I dont think you have torn a hip flexor. If you had then it wouldnt hurt in your glute it would be the front of your hip/top of thigh.

Something that I have found to help with deep soreness and stiffness is rolling on a baseball.

I also find hanging leg raises quite theraputic for lower back and glutes.

ok I might not have been 100% warmed up :( I do admit that but I really felt by the time I got to this set I was ready... probably not I guess..

Also good news I guess is that it is nothing too major. I saw a doc last night and he said my hip was out of alignment but not badly dislocated. Also said that it would be hard for this to happen from deadlifting?? but couldve happened while I was sleeping or training bjj/judo. Anyway he did some stretching and adjustments and it is a lot better. I was having real problems just walking yesterday. After the visit I could walk fine. He just cautioned me to not lift legs for a while and to let it heal. Said it will feel like it is 90% for a while but at the same time testing it too soon could lead to a bad injury..

sorry for the long post but just figured Id give you all some insight to what happened.

Thanks!

wow that is a good doctor.. glad to hear its not serious!

random tip to people who are at risk of hurting themselves on a daily basis: make friends with good docs.

saw doc again yesterday told me i was dumb for not stretching as much as I should be and warming up properly. thats about it. I need to take it easy for a bit but its nothing major at all.

met w/ a trainer yesterday to walk me through all the hip mobility drills and hip stretches I need to catch up on. hopefully this is just a warning and ill get back on track with all the preventative things I need to be doing.

Thanks for the link.. ive been a slacker :(

wow! im very impressed w/your drug knowledge!!! :D

Lol...I rent office space under my kitchen to my cousin who runs his pharmacy there AND I'm really good friends with a pharmacist on our street that has had her brother (the chief neurologist in our country) help me a lot. Oddly enough I never took anything TO train but I've taken stuff plenty of times just so I can play with my son.

lol B fold.. glad you have the priorities straight..

not the same at all but at times I need to get more warmed up and prepared to train/teach kids then I do when I train advanced students...

Top Bottom