Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Other lifts to supplement compounds

Eric1987

So I go to the gym 4 days a week and do each of the compound lifts on those days. Bench, Military, Squat, and Deadlift. What other lifts should I be doing on those days? I have an idea I just wanna know the best routine possible.

If you do the bench and military on monday and thursday, also add barbell rows, lat pulls and lateral raises. For example, on those days I do heavy rows first thing in the morning, 225x15, 295x8x2 after 30 reps of situps with a 25 lb plate on the chest. Later I do the bench press, 135x15, 225x10, 245x9, 265x4. Lateral raises: 80 each handx12x3. Lat pulldowns: 415(bowflex)x12x3. Barbell push press with jerk: 185x6x2.

Tuesday I do deadlifts: 395x9, 395x6x3. Then practice work on snatches(still working technique and timing-only been doing this 2 months, but lifting off and on since 1987) 75x4, 95x4x2. Friday: Squats: 135x15, 225x10, 275x6, 295x6. Repeat of the snatch workout.

The problem with most gyms is that unless they are that high priced crossfit nonsense there isnt much in the way of platforms, so the trick is to find an open space and just practice olympic lifts without creating a racket. You can gain a lot of coordination, speed, and timing even working light weights on the olympic lifts, plus they're fun to do.

You really need to get the form right on Olympic lifts. It good to have someone watch you that knows how to do them the right way.

So I go to the gym 4 days a week and do each of the compound lifts on those days. Bench, Military, Squat, and Deadlift. What other lifts should I be doing on those days? I have an idea I just wanna know the best routine possible.

What Zazen said.
Make sure to add rows and chin/pull ups in there too.
Just don't go doing a combo of cleans, rows and chin ups on deadlift days, they impede each other and will inevitably suck :D

So on what days should I do what? I am doing deadlift tonight. Should I do some shrugs? Saturday is Squats. I have the compound lifts down with form. Pretty much everything else I just want a solid routine to build upon.

So on what days should I do what? I am doing deadlift tonight. Should I do some shrugs? Saturday is Squats. I have the compound lifts down with form. Pretty much everything else I just want a solid routine to build upon.

You haven't stated what your goals are. How can we give you exercises and rountines if we don't know what you want to accomplish? You can do all the oly lifts you want but if your goal is to get big that alone ain't gonna do it. On the other hand if you wanted to improve athletic performance then only lifts are a good tool to use. But without knowing where this road leads we can't give you directions.

Sent from my XT1080 using EliteFitness

Add pullups , front squats, over head squats, cleans, power cleans, clean pulls, push press, push jerk.

Sent from my GT-N7105T using EliteFitness

You haven't stated what your goals are. How can we give you exercises and rountines if we don't know what you want to accomplish? You can do all the oly lifts you want but if your goal is to get big that alone ain't gonna do it. On the other hand if you wanted to improve athletic performance then only lifts are a good tool to use. But without knowing where this road leads we can't give you directions.

Since summer is coming up I wanted to focus a lot more on the looks of my body vs being strong. I'd need a better diet, too.

Since summer is coming up I wanted to focus a lot more on the looks of my body vs being strong. I'd need a better diet, too.

Then your gonna want to do more bb type stuff with higher reps 10+. Really focus on the muscle working instead of building explosive strength or power. Stuff like only lifts and conventional DL aren't important with your goals. For diet, a low carb approach is a good choice as most respond well to them.

Top Bottom